good sq amp?

AlbertGonzalez

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McIntosh is one that I know of

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I was wondering if http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_67769_Rockford-Fosgate-P600X4.html would be good for starter SQ amp for mids? I'm new so take it easy on me lol

It will do a fine job, if RF has half the reputation for good quality that I've observed. It certainly is a loved brand on this forum.

There is so much more to good sound quality than the amplifier. It needs to make good clean power, have a low noise floor(hiss at low volume or with the music muted), fit where you want to mount it, and operate reliably. I can't tell you if this amplifier has an acceptably low noise floor, but with the music turned up you shouldn't hear a quiet hiss. Noise primarily comes from installation errors or poor quality RCAs, but some amplifiers will have audible noise no matter how careful you are.

I have a zed audio 4ch with burr browns................... It purrrrrrrrsssssss!!!!! RF and sq should ever be in the same sentence. Speaking of "sq" what speaks will you be running?

2012 EvoX with the only INEZ928hd dash mod in the world!!!!

I was wondering if http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_67769_Rockford-Fosgate-P600X4.html would be good for starter SQ amp for mids? I'm new so take it easy on me lol

It will make a nice "Starter amplifier" ... but I'm sure that when you get a bit more advanced, you will be needing an upgrade ...

true Sound Quality?

EDIT - maybe talk to Randal... (cable guy)

if your really into SQ

(going with that amp choice, your not)

Thank You Sir !!!

linear power

I think he is looking for a 4 channel ...

And to be honnest ... I agree with Trumpet1 the most here ... We really need a little bit more about your system setup, your goals with it, and your budget before we could actually give you our "Best" recommendations ...

Hope this helps

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Boston Acoustics GT series are good SQ starter amps IMO, I loved the GT-2200 I had, very good cross over section and lots of head room just please don't use chepo cables

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

I have a zed audio 4ch with burr browns................... It purrrrrrrrsssssss!!!!! RF and sq should ever be in the same sentence. Speaking of "sq" what speaks will you be running?

I would love to hear one of these in a SQ vehicle, But nobody competes with them ... Wonder Why ??

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived