Sonic Electronix

new system, missing anything!? what do recommend?

Hello, I think I have everything pieces together for my new Sq system just wanted some opinions! Make sure I'm not overlooking something.

System:

Avhx8500bhs double din

Mlk2tw Hertz mille components x2

JLHD6004

JLHD7501

JLHO110W6V3

JL 2 GAUGE amp kit

JL 12 gauge speaker wire

JL 18 feet rca x3

2006 chevy cobalt ss sc, 140amp alternator doing big 3 upgrade wondering what gauge power wire to run!? I will upgrade the battery to XS power if need be.

Thinking of going with the W6 over the W7 based on space, love there HO enclosure, will the W6v3 handle 750watts rms!?

Thanks any help would be appreciated!

most people here dont care for jl, but that seems about right. what size fuse are you running? the w6 can handle that no prob. your money could have been betterspent but its your money. the only thing i don't see that will really help you especially with a sq build is sound deadner! stay away from the asphalt stuff! look into second skin, ct sound, stinger, and... Crap what's the other compost sts or something like that sds maybe. someone will correct me. but other than that your looking pretty good man... enjoy

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Ok awesome, ya sorry I forgot to add a few things I was in a rush, double layering sound deadening purchasing around 58 square foot, the amp kit comes with a 150amp fuse I believe and than for the distribution block (if I am correct I'm new) I'm purchasing a 50 amp fuse for the 600/4 and a 60 amp for the 750/1 that's what jl recommended when I spoke with them. I'm purchasing the jl ho110w6v3 which has 600 watts rms power handling so I'm hoping 750watts should be Ok if the gains are set properly!!

PS: where I work I get 65% off retail price if I order straight through the manufacturer and it's only hertz or JL hence why I have chosen these brands and products!! I was gonna get the 10w7 but for my vehicle I think it would be over kill and it's takes up ALOT more space!

Thanks!

oh, so you didn't get rapped on the price! the fuse is there to protect your wires not your amp! it depends on how long And thick your wire is. but the full run of 2g should be fine with a 150amp, then km guessing your doing 2 short runs of 4g from the distro to the mono and 4channel? then yea a 50/60Amp fuse should be fine.

please list the brand of deadner, theres allot of junk out there!ALLOT! as far as the w6 taking 750w rms you'll be fine as long as your not clipping. they along with the w7 can take much much more! the hd amps are the Step up from the old v2 and new v3s right? meaning they do full power from 4ohm Down to 1.5ohm and from 11 to 14.6 volts correct? if so yea your fine man as long as your gain is done correctly your Sub is in no danger!

we dont believe in over kill here! i think 10 w7 on ten jl hd 1000w would have been fine! lmao

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

Thanks man I really appreciate it! Ya everything you said sounds about right! I've ordered everything except the sound deadening for the build, and no I was not raped on the price! That's why the 10w7 was so tempting just not interested in taking up 3x the space! Thought about getting cheaper rear speakers or none at all but for what I pay for the mille components I can't really complain!! Pretty excited to get it all finished, what brand of quality sound deadening would you recommend? I have done 0 research in regards to that!

Thanks man I really appreciate it! Ya everything you said sounds about right! I've ordered everything except the sound deadening for the build, and no I was not raped on the price! That's why the 10w7 was so tempting just not interested in taking up 3x the space! Thought about getting cheaper rear speakers or none at all but for what I pay for the mille components I can't really complain!! Pretty excited to get it all finished, what brand of quality sound deadening would you recommend? I have done 0 research in regards to that!

Sounddeadenershowdown.com or Second skin or Stinger roadkill.

I wouldn't call this a SQ system, some people might get offended because it's nothing close to it.

I don't know how much you pay for the RCA's, ampkit and speaker wire, but you can use cheaper wire to get a better price/performance ratio.

Don't forget that install is very important, example: make a speaker ring if you want good midbass.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

sds, i Was right, but yea any of the brands i listed or the ones above. i think 25ft of ct deadner is going for $99.99 on Ebay right now. that's what I'll be getting. and its kinda a sq build. that's all w6s are in my mind. there not loud but they do sound good. Its def on the sq side of the scale compared to a spl build. and your going with the h.o box? that's the eyeball looking one right? they will help make that sub sound good.

i was a huge jl nuthugger but now i know better. even if i got it for free I'd sell it for something else. but hey it takes all kinds of people and just as your happy who the hell are we to tell you different!? i hope i helped and i don't know how good your current battery is but I'd plan on a upgrade. nothing fancy only a Lil over 1000w rms at times but jl amps are power hungry things!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

I've been in contact with xs power and if I need a better battery I will definitely be upgrading, as for the dynomat from work I get pretty good prices on hushmat? Idk if it's crap but I would appreciate it if you let me know! 58 square ft is $280 and I don't gotta order it I can pick it up in store! And the speakers and sub hopefully produce nice sound quality with the right install! Yes the W6 will be in there HO enclosure the port is right about the sub I like the design!

hush mat is good, I'm sure you can get the same thing for less. it sure is nice being able to drive to the store instead of waiting for it in the mail. i believe second skin is the best out right now...i think

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff