sorry noob question but please reply

If it only happens in the cold you need to let your subs warm up and loosen up. Stop going full tilt until they get warmed up.

You say that as if it were the solution to OP's problem

@OP: Voltage at the amp when it cuts out?

^^ well if the voltage drops to low it could be sending the amp into protect and could take it a while for protect to turn off.

as for jumping in and turning it up it wont really hurt anything imo. I lived in Alaska for a while and I know plenty of people that would go full tilt right away with no problems in the winter weather there. I personally wouldn't because I would rather let the soft parts loosen up by letting them move for a little bit before turning it up. they all said I was over cautious about it but o well. point is just about everyone else would that I know and they never had an issue from it.

LT.Smoke

why would you choose optima over diehard? just curios because your the first person to say optima is 2nd choice for you. most people on here seem like they would never touch an optima.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

If it only happens in the cold you need to let your subs warm up and loosen up. Stop going full tilt until they get warmed up.

You say that as if it were the solution to OP's problem

@OP: Voltage at the amp when it cuts out?

lol yeah bro you need to move to a warmer state is what it sounds like he's saying

09 Challenger R/T (Audio system under construction):

• Pioneer AVH-X4500BT (PAC RP4CH11 harness)
  • (2) Sundown Audio SA-8v2 (inverted)
  • CT Sounds AT1400.1D
  • XS Power D3400
  • 40 sq ft. Audiotechnix deadener
  • 1/0 Audiotechnix wiring
  • stock Boston Acoustic 7 speaker amplified system (for now)
  • Sealed trunk enclosure

Build log:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/178399-slammed-dodge-challenger-sundownct-sounds-build/

TEAM GOAT

signature-1.jpgsubsignature.jpg

^^

lol snowdrifter is in Washington, im sure if there was an issue with going full tilt in the weather they are having their he would have let op know seeing as how op's location says Washington.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

get the biggest batt you can fit under the hood (or the biggest that you pocket will allow), between that and doing the big 3 you should stay above 13v. That's at least the best starting point for you right now.

Let us know which of the xs batts your looking at that will fit and is in your price range.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

How is your voltage with it and how much does that run you

My voltage sits around 14.3V but I also have a 250 amp Mechman alternator. I bought it from SonicElectronix and it set me back about $250

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

I'm looking at the d3400 from sonic electronics and the big three if needed because right now I got 4 gauge wireing on everything and it's about 300 so that's not to much because I got a quote from another place to add second battery for about 450 for 0 gauge and everything

Archived