Second Skin Audio

help needed on sub wiring

veedub25

Hello ,im in need of help on deciding on the coil option for my subs i have choose a pair of FI Q 10's running off of a DC audio 3.5k . My problem is that i have a box which is sealed and has two chambers (one for each sub) with seperate terminals for each sub ,so i was wondering if i was to get the dual 1 ohm coils and wired them at .5 ohms on each sub would they be summed up to one ohm at the amp (DC 3.5k) because i know it is a mono with two pairs of outputs so i assume they are internally summed ... or am i wrong .....any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks .

Yes you are wrong. The amp had 2 sets of terminals but it is a mono block. Thus if you hook each sub up at .5ohms to its own terminal the amp will read it as a .25ohm load an will not like it. To get a 1ohm load to the amp you need to parallel each sub up to 2ohms. From then you can connect each sub at 2ohms to the amp and it will lower the ohm load back to 1ohm. Hope you understand what im trying to say

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Just a small correction... you don't parallel two loads up, you series them up.

OP, you can either connect each sub's coils in parallel for a .5Ω load and then series them at the amp for a 1Ω final load or you can series each sub to 2Ω and then parallel them at the amp for a 1Ω load.

The second option is the most logical and practical, because there are two sets of terminals on the amp specifically for the purpose of connecting two subwoofer leads in parallel.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

My bad on thr parallel and sieries mess up i always say the one i dont mean.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

It happens to the best of us bro!

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Archived