Second Skin Audio

X15 Bass Snow Removal!

revoracing247

hey guys, here's my second attempt at shaking snow off my truck. let me know what you guys think!

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

Damn I love your gear. Crazy how down that things gets on close to double rated. What would you say this things bandwidth is?

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Damn I love your gear. Crazy how down that things gets on close to double rated. What would you say this things bandwidth is?

haha thanks! gotta love them lows right?

and for bandwidth i'd say ~18 (maybe a bit lower) to ~38.

im gonna try tuning higher on my next box a little bit to see if i can't bring that up, not many songs play 18hz.....

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

LE BUILD LOG!!!

im gonna try tuning higher on my next box a little bit to see if i can't bring that up, not many songs play 18hz.....

Lmao, exactly what I was thinking about, that bitch is tuned low as fuck. Tune higher with a bigger airspace, should do damn well.

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

fitting song

waking up with -16 outside, i'd think so.

Lmao, exactly what I was thinking about, that bitch is tuned low as fuck. Tune higher with a bigger airspace, should do damn well.

haha just how i like it. lol and by tuned higher i was thinking 28 maybe 29 hz.

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

LE BUILD LOG!!!

i wish i had a tiny little truck for my set up! I've always loved packing small cars full oh huge subs!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

fitting song

That is still pretty low, try for low 30's, will really help your higher end response. Then just raise the air space a little to increase it's abilites in the low end to keep it there.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

fitting song

That is still pretty low, try for low 30's, will really help your higher end response. Then just raise the air space a little to increase it's abilites in the low end to keep it there.

well my plan right now is to get it to respond into the lower to mid 40's or 50's and then have these beast 6.5" subs that i have go into my doors and that'll help pick up the slack. the x series subs aren't suggested to be tuned anything above 35hz and i just love the lows too much haha if it wasn't so cold outside i'd find a girl to go try a hair trick with. it wouldn't be much but i bet i could get something @20hz

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

LE BUILD LOG!!!

Archived