Second Skin Audio

Dual 12's or single 15 for daily groundpounder

lilman

Tossing up a single 15'' Sundown Zv4 or two 12'' XCON's tuned for lows. I know the Sundown was built specifically for this but would it be able to offer the same amount of throw that 24'' of cone area the two twelves would give me is what I would like to know.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. no vs threads

2. 2 12;s is not 24" of cone area

3. Pi*r^2 is cone area

4. No way to tell you which is best

5. Welcome to the forum

I really like the dancing figure in your pic btw

thank you

Not asking which is a better brand or sub was jw which would be best for my needs

But you are actually because you want to know which will be better. This will probably get locked if a moderator sees it. I would say read the forum rules and maybe read a few threads in the subwoofer section first.

I will say that given equal power cone area tends to win, but not always. It really comes down to install and vehicle and skill on what works best for your needs.

Thats the best can do for you

what are you powering it with

what are your goals

Build's consist of:

2004 Chevy Impala :

Pioneer--------------------- DEH-X8600bs Soundqubed/AQ------ Q4-120

Rockford Fosgate---- Punch-500.4

Soundqubed/AQ----- Q1-3500D.1 Alpine----------------- 6.5's & 6x9's

Subs: TBA All Knukonceptz and SHCA wire and rca's

Home Music Setup

(4) Soundqubed HDS200 15's in two separate 15.5 cubic foot enclosures tuned to 31 hrz --- XM radio hardwire

Updates coming all the time on both builds

n8ball2013

"bullshit. Everything fits. If you cut enough."

One more thing...can you tell me if an 18 has more cone area than two 12's? Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question but I was just told that this is in fact so.

1 18 is a little more than two 12's iirc, varies a bit form manufacture to manufacture. It's pretty close.

edit

18 is around 254 sqinch

2 12;s is about 226 sqinch

Get both, then keep the set up you like best and sell the other. Are you building the box? Where is it going, what car, trunk, blow through? We don't really know your needs so we can't tell you much. 2 12s gives you like 220sqin whereas 1 15 gives you 175ish in^2. So 2 12s is more surface are if that is the question you are asking. Also need a bigger box and so on.

Archived