Officially Introducing the NEW DD-1+ (Distortion Detector PLUS!) (pics, video)

So I got my triple pack aboot a month ago . I am very pleased with them... I use them all the time.. How ever I have had some issues with my dd1+.... Now I know for sure one set of my probes isnt allowing me to read correctly but I'll take it apart fix it up...

But anyhow... I notice on the new Kenwood 571 when I am trying to get the distortion point , it randomly blips red as I'm turn it up... And then I can't find the Max point..I'm unsure what it means... I also have tried to set an overlap and it won't let me do it until its seeing distortion, rather then turning it back 1notch to undistorted.. Is this normal...

What does "inf+ db " mean. It had this read out yesterday when I was setting up and audio control unit

I am sure I am diken it up somehow... instruction are pretty simple , and they don't really tell you much other then how to use them.... I have been watch Steve's videos on how to use them and some other peoples..so I have my angles covered.. Just sometimes something are frustrating any help would be awesome thanks guys

Did you get your questions answered?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

I have a question for anyone who can please help me !! I just recently purchased the DD1+ and its amazing! Question is...how do i test my set up? I have...

Kenwood excelon kdc -headunit. Going to

Hifonics brutus- bass restoration processor  to

Skar Audio - 7 band equalizer   split to

Alpine pdx1000x -monoblock

SkarAudio skm100m -4 channel amp

How would i set up the dd1+ to properly test everything?

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

You would either turn all the values all the way up on your eq, then set everything, or turn all the values up maybe 3/4's of the way. By turning them up all the way, then returning them back to flat after setting up the gains, you completely remove the risk of intrusive clipping into your system. By setting the gains with the values halfway, you risk introducing clipping when you adjust the EQ, but songs that are recorded a little crappy, you have a little extra umph you can tap into when you need it. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out!