Officially Introducing the NEW DD-1+ (Distortion Detector PLUS!) (pics, video)

4 hours ago, stingray72 said:

I may have to get one of these because im going to have to dial back the gains on my amp.  This tool makes it easy.

If you're going to run that amp at 4 ohm daily, you won't need to dial anything back. Even at 2 ohm on that md8000.1, as long as your not sending any clipping to the sub (which you will need a DD-1 for) I wouldn't dial anything back. Done right, I personally wouldn't be afraid to send 5000 watts at that sub in a 4th order. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Man you got me so wanting to have my subwoofer already.  I cant imagine 5000 watts being thrown at that sub in the 4th order.  Im pretty much going to take my chances with the 300 pounds on the stock rear shocks.  They boast 1000 pound carrying capacity for the whole car. so im thinking 500 is the limit.  Honestly at 5k i should have more port than those two 8 inch aero ports because im at like 34 ms at 3500 watts which i read 30 ms is the most you want with aero ports.

6 minutes ago, stingray72 said:

Man you got me so wanting to have my subwoofer already.  I cant imagine 5000 watts being thrown at that sub in the 4th order.  Im pretty much going to take my chances with the 300 pounds on the stock rear shocks.  They boast 1000 pound carrying capacity for the whole car. so im thinking 500 is the limit.  Honestly at 5k i should have more port than those two 8 inch aero ports because im at like 34 ms at 3500 watts which i read 30 ms is the most you want with aero ports.

I have no idea about box designing. But as far as that subs limits, FI calculates RMS by playing a subwoofer free air for extended periods of time and if there is any little teeny tiny bit of damage, they call it. They are very conservatively rated. Not to mention, with the sealed side of the 4th helping with keeping the cone in control, that is a beast sub! 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out!