Sundown Audio

cheep koreans amps no good -FI

bdog

So is this in regards to all class D or which amp brands are we *supposed* to stay away from? LOL!

Lol maybe the next post will be one saying buy our new amps due out so and so, lol!! But I second your post sir

So I should sell my 7.5k and rethink life? Lol

2003 Tahoe

dc 7.5k

dc level 5 15's (3)

MMats 341's

xs power batts

lots of sky high cable

dual alts(came off the sky-high gmc and don't know who made them)

ipad in center console

vu-din in center console

all being ripped out and being sold

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wonder how those leads are gonna affect sound quality if they start hitting against the cone

once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. :D

very true i didn't think about it this way. I've never run into the problem of burning leads, or the leads slapping the cone since most of the ones I've had have been sewn into the spider and I'm careful about my signal

once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. :D

Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem.

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Every time one of my woofers has "blown" its been one coil on one sub (AA Mayhem's) and that coil doesn't even read on the dmm. no visible damage to coil either when reconing,....in other words tinsel failure... happened 3 times now

AQ3500.1

Interesting topic...

I tested an AQ 3500 and 3500.1 on a 15" Mayhem but never had the issue, I've tried. Coins still look brand new

Yeah, When reconing my coils look perfect. when checking them before cutting I'd get a perfect .7 on one and absolutely nothing out of the other. no reading at all. Its really odd. and when it happens its REALLY noticeable. burn smell, smoke everything... even the spiders still look perfect. I don't get it, I mean I'm not going to say my system is perfect or completely distortion and clip free or anything like that but the same thing 3 times now is a bit ridiculous... I mean it takes a good while in between each time, this last time being the longest its ever taken, over a year easy. AAAAAAND i have a "cheap" Korean amp.... lol likes I said, interesting...

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

That's something else to consider, mostly because one setup never lasts any amount of time, and since I was testing, maybe it is just a fluke the filters don't catch? I literally spent two days on it, if you had it a year before anything that's a long ass test, lol

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

It sucks when you need a recone due to burnt leads, in contrary, a burnt coil; Cause after all the VC is in the circuit..

2004 Grand Prix GT

(2) 12" RE XXXs (04/05 XBL^2)

5 cu. ft tuned @ 35 Hz

MMATS HD4000.05

MMATS SQ4100

Infinity Kappa components

Juice Box black cherry

Duralast platinum group 34

1/0 KNU OFC, 2/0 welding

Singer 250A

That's something else to consider, mostly because one setup never lasts any amount of time, and since I was testing, maybe it is just a fluke the filters don't catch? I literally spent two days on it, if you had it a year before anything that's a long ass test, lol

True lol, just seems odd to me.

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

Well Fi wouldn't come out with that unless they were sure, like bill said it has to do with the frequency filtering. They talked to some engineers from a really reputable company to try and find the root of the problem after they kept finding burnt leads. wtf would caco be mad at fi for giving them helpful info.

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

You sure it was a failure like the one described in this thread and not the tinsels being fatigued and breaking? You know.. Like the original SA-8s. Tinsels would always break where they went into the cone - from being bent back and forth so much

Yes. Korean amps suck. So those with Korean made amps, sell me them for 5% of worth because according to Fi, they suck bawls! YES YES!

You sure it was a failure like the one described in this thread and not the tinsels being fatigued and breaking? You know.. Like the original SA-8s. Tinsels would always break where they went into the cone - from being bent back and forth so much

No because they would switch polarity and the same set of tinsels would get messed every time. From what they told me, it's not all Korean amps just the 3500/4500s, but that might have been after preliminary testing. They could have tested other amps as well.

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

Archived