Sundown Audio

no output from amp help please

Hertz_dont_it

I have a mmats md500.1 has no output from the amp, I can't figure out if it's the speaker terminals or the rca inputs. I didn't know if there is any way to test this so I figured I'd look to you guys for help im sure someone on here is good with this kinda stuff.

Current system:Front stage: Alpine type s 6.5No rear:Alpine type s 6.5headunit: alpineAmp: Jbl bp600.1

Sub: Alpine type x 12

dont know much about them. Found a "FLUX" Capacitor on ebay. If I add this to my system, can I really travel into the future? And how far into the future? That probably all depends on how I ground it though, right?

Dude dont even waste your money on capacitors get a second car battery preferably a kinetik or stinger or any other car audio battery use the battery that is correct for your systems true rms wattage do some research on the net for this. Go to kinetiks website they explain how to pick a battery from thier site that fits your system. :shrug:

have you verified the rca inputs on the amp work by plugging an ipod into it via a new 3.5mm to rcas cable? or swapping new rca's from the headunit to the amp.

verify amplifier output with a multimeter set to AC volts and stick the red and black dmm probes onto the amp speaker terminals. see if you get voltage (not a small number like .5v...a bigger number like 10v).

I tried the rca jack, hooked up to the ipod and got no sound out. I just tried the speaker terminals, I find it odd. I powered the amp on, had sound into it and am getting .2-.8 but.. that's with on either positive or negative prong touching the speaker outs. If I touch both positive and negative prongs from the dmm it goes right to zero. Maybe im confused

Current system:Front stage: Alpine type s 6.5No rear:Alpine type s 6.5headunit: alpineAmp: Jbl bp600.1

Sub: Alpine type x 12

dont know much about them. Found a "FLUX" Capacitor on ebay. If I add this to my system, can I really travel into the future? And how far into the future? That probably all depends on how I ground it though, right?

Dude dont even waste your money on capacitors get a second car battery preferably a kinetik or stinger or any other car audio battery use the battery that is correct for your systems true rms wattage do some research on the net for this. Go to kinetiks website they explain how to pick a battery from thier site that fits your system. :shrug:

Archived