Sundown Audio

SQhaven

New to car audio, so as of right now, I have front components 150 w rms @ 4 ohms in the front and coaxials in the rear 70 w rms @ 4 ohms. I want to run both front and rear off a 4 channel amp. Problem is I want full power in front, and obviously less power in the back to protect from overpowering them. How should I set the gain in the back to prevent overpowering them, also wondering can I use the DD-1 to test for speaker distortion? I know you use it for testing amp and HU clipping but what about if you're overpowering your speakers?

Cheers

or use a the fader, or use a pac-lc1 to adjust them. Or any combination of the three. I would start by using the 0db track for the rear speakers at the amp, no overlap since you are over powering, then adjust down from there.

What amp are you using btw?

or use a the fader, or use a pac-lc1 to adjust them. Or any combination of the three. I would start by using the 0db track for the rear speakers at the amp, no overlap since you are over powering, then adjust down from there.

What amp are you using btw?

Using the RF T800-4ad for the mids and highs. So just tune with the DD-1, and keep lowering the gain until a point where the speaker isn't over powered. I guess i'm just not confident because of my lack of experience to know at what point i'm overpowering, and also not underpowering them. Is there a way to check for sure?

Archived