Second Skin Audio

i'm new, can somebody plz check this box design?

Don Fiesta

Hello,

Im from Belgium so sorry for my bad English

Im new in box making etc, bud i tried something out on sketch up using torres box calculator.

Next week i will buy 2 Sundown SA 12's and i'll be running them on a Massive Audio N3 (1400w rms).

I would like to have a box tuned to 30Hz ( i love the very lows ) , subs facing up, port facing up, box same height as my backseats so if i look in my mirror i can see the subs( i hope you ounderstand what i mean)

I made a box design on sketchup and i wonna hear what you think about it and what should be changed about it.

Here in belgium we work with cm's/mm's and liters, so for the torres box calculator i needed to add 0.2mm on each site of the box because on torres i can only use 19mm MDF and here in belgium we have 18mm MDF..

the only thing that could be wrong is the volume that the subs have, its 1.3783ft³/sub NET volume.. :s

here are screen shots from sketchup and torres.. the torres screenshot are the specs for 1 chamber

plz help me?

1653648_10201518260304722_1951685676_n.j

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you could upload a screenshot with the Torres calculator in inches that would make things easier for us. The numbers should all stay, the values would change.

If the net volume is 1.3 that would be a little low like you said. That port is way too long.

sigpic24465_1.jpg

2 - Sundown SA 8V2 | CT Sounds 1400.1 | Pioneer DEH-X8500BS | 4/0 Big 3

That is roughly 0.93 cubic feet for each sub (not accounting for the 18mm wood), It would help a lot if you could get more airspace for the drivers. I understand you want to be able to look out your back window, but I'm pretty sure that you will either have to sacrifice some vision there, or go with a 10" driver.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

yeah i was also thinking about a sa 10, bud its now 5:22 in the morning here and i go to sleep, i will measure out my trunk again tomorrow and see what i can do, is it ok if i post here the new dimonsions an/or a new design tomorrow?

great thanks for all the replys!

is it a good choice to run the 2 12's/10's on the Massive Audio N3?

grtz!

Yeah man! Get your sleep!

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

here is a torres screenshot in inch, i convertet from cm to inch so its not quite right..;

1620506_10201518434589079_144961372_n.jp

the outer dimensions are:

height: 22 1/8"

width: 17 11/64"

depth: 15 3/64"

port dimensions are:

height: 13 35/64"

width: 2 23/64"

length: 63 25/32"

thanks for the reply's!

grtz

Some people has issues with that calculator, it looks you are one of them, entered the same data here and see what it shows:

g4xx.jpg

1.33 cubic feet net is a no go for that sub.

Archived