Second Skin Audio

Subwoofers not as loud as they should be?

mmotux

So I have TWO JL AUDIO W1V2-4 subwoofer running in a Dodge Ram 1500 Ex cab. With a Koiiler 800w amp running both subwoofers. I personally think these subwoofers aren't as loud as they can get and I'm not sure why. My friend has the SAME subwoofers in s SMALLER enclousure in a single cab Silverado. His HIT. But mine arn't as loud and don't have that feeling of bass around you... Just the lows hit. Both are sealed. My subwoofers are FOR SURE in phase. Wires to subwoofer are good. 2 ohms. GROUND is probably the worst part because I have it grounded to the seat. But I don't think that is my problem in this case. Or maybe it is? Any help would be appriciated!

I would switch your ground to the frame of the truck. Grounds are pretty important.

Head Unit: Kenwood excelon KDC-X797

Subs: 2 Fi sp4's with PSI recones dual 1.4's in a wall.

Sub amp: 2 DC 3.5k's strapped at .7

Mids: 2 punch pro 10's 6 punch pro 8's

Tweeters: 4 Fosgate Neo's (pp4-nt)

Mids amp: Fosgate T1000-4ad

Tweeter amp: punch 400-2

Wall: 9 cubes tuned to 31.5 triple layer birch al the way around plus 2x4's

Alt: mechman 240

Wire: all sky high OFC 2/0, 4, 12

Batteries: 1 XS d3400 under the hood and 5 kinetic 2400's with toolmaker buss bars in the trunk

Extras: epic lighting LEDs sound deader for days, fiberglassed pods 150+ sealed

enclosure plays a part. if they don't have enough airspace they wont play properly. And i have never heard of the amp so i am not sure on that. a better ground would be a good idea. what size woofers do you have and what is the airspace in your box

once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. :D

Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem.

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

enclosure plays a part. if they don't have enough airspace they wont play properly. And i have never heard of the amp so i am not sure on that. a better ground would be a good idea. what size woofers do you have and what is the airspace in your box

My subwoofers are 2 12's. And I'm not sure on the airspace but my buddy with the Silverado has a smaller box and his is LOUDER than mine! Gain is set high on mine also! I'm not sure! It might just be the ground!:(

get the ground in a good spot and fix that gain just because its up high doesn't mean you are getting more out of the amp find someone close with an o-scope or dd1 and get it set right. or get a 40 hz tone and set by ear it's better than nothing. and then see how it does.

once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. :D

Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem.

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

When I first read the title of this thread, I thought "Dont we all have that problem?"

Several systems, several vehicles. Always changing!

DCSig_zpsgm88292n.jpg

2013 MECA State Champion (trunk 1)

2014 MECA State Champion (mod 4)

2014 MECA state Champion (Park and Pound 4)

2014 DBDRAG 6th place North America Finals (SS1-2)

2014 BASS RACE 6th place North America Finals (139.9)

haha, gain set high! hahaha oh boy

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage