Voltage regulator?

Hey guys, i bought a h/o alt from ebay cause it was $220 shipped to my door and it did 250 amps, I want it to charge 15.5 volts, so i can have better wattage at my amps, and not mess up my stock electrical. Any ideas? i drive a 07 gmc 2500hd classic body with the 6.0L (gas)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HIGH-OUTPUT-250AMP-ALTERNATOR-CHEVROLET-AVALANCHE-5-3L-03-04-/280918910989?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2007%7CMake%3AGMC%7CModel%3ASierra+2500+HD%7CSubmodel%3AClassic+SLE%7CEngine+-+Liter_Display%3A6.0L&hash=item416812680d&vxp=mtr

1997 subaru legacy outback

Four 15's in a almost wall

Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets
Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass

Optima Yellow top batteries
270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) 
Lots of Second Skin

Most are going to say get a new alt. I would have to agree. I bought a cheap alt and it didn't put out at idle, lights would dim etc. So I sent it back and contacted DC and bought a real HO alt. I upgraded to a higher charging voltage regulator and I now charge at 14.7 warm. They are not cheap but they work unlike the cheap eBay crap. This is my experience.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Well, I have to agree with soundguy. Ebay = buy cheap electronics, clothes, collectables, etc. You realize how sketchy people are in life? Ebay is easiest way to do that, minus craigslist.

So I would say ditch it and get with a real company and get an alt. But, it'll be pricey. For sure.

If you insist on keeping that alt, you'll need a voltage regulator. XS carries em, I think.

Sheena = pedobear

Archived