Wiring Mids+Highs to an Amp (Ohms?)

BassObsessed192

I've never wired mid speakers and tweeters before and I just want to know what is the correct Ohm impedance for the Tweeters and Midbass speakers? I'm going to wire 4 speakers to a 4-channel amplifier, so when I order the speakers do I get 4-ohm OR 8-ohm?

What final impedance do you want to wire to?

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Are you going to cross them over actively or passively?

I don't understand what "crossing over" even is. I know there's "crossovers" that come with the tweeter and mid speaker set I'm getting, but I never understood what they do. And i'd like a final 4-ohm impedance (using SoundStream DTR4.680 Amp, 4-channel)

Cross overs are like filters. Higher frequency to tweets. Rest go to mids. If they have their own crossover and you use it then that's passive. Just put + to + and - to - on the amp

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Archived