Second Skin Audio

Wall Help!! 2 SQ HDC3 18s

BamaBoy334

Wass up bassheads. I need some help. Im deployed and have about 3 weeks left in this hole.. I have a SQ Q1-3500D.1 and 2 HDC3 18s (copper coils) waiting on me to return and I want to wall them in my 07 Dodge Charger. Im trying to figure out power to ^ft net ratio and port area for this build.

What im working with: 46.5" wide, 35" high, and may be able to get anywhere from 19"-23" deep

The subs will be wired @1ohm. I wanna tune between 34-37hz. I wanna be able to reach lows and still have a wide range on music (25-60hz if possible)

I've been researching on builds like this and im aware that the suspension is stiff af and this really isnt a sub for lows, so ive been seeing, but know its achievable. I wanna build it so when it does hit those low hz, you can tell 4sure, and maybe pull off some hair tricks. (i def wanna do that haha) but still have a so so range on music. mostly rap. maybe some Dance Gavin Dance from time to time (thats my shit)

anyways.. it will be daily so the port will be centered/vertically or ran across the top/horizontally (would def like some input on that as well)

im open to all suggestions on how i can optimize this build to get the most out of these subs with everything i have available

if you need to know anything else, then just ask. ive been using bassbox and torres to come up with designs but i really want to hear from someone that knows what they are talking about when it comes to Soundqubed. I just want a complete Soundqubed set-up in the whip.

qn07l1.jpg

Thanks for your Service! What kind of car you putting system in?

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

hahaha his interests are lows and vagina

Don't forget soundqubed Qmat for the rattles!

is that qmat legit?

i was wondering how the qmat was too. def tuned in for a walled charger

:domodance: :domodance::morepower1:New Build in the Making :morepower1: :domodance: :domodance:

1999 Infiniti I30 Limited

if you break a rule and argue with n8 your going to get banned. suspended if your lucky.

hahaha his interests are lows and vagina

Don't forget soundqubed Qmat for the rattles!

is that qmat legit?

i was wondering how the qmat was too. def tuned in for a walled charger

well depending on how much free time they give us when i get back, itll be soon. if not, i dont take leave until april so thats when it will get done if i dont have any other chances. def gonna have a build log

qn07l1.jpg

I doubt you are going to get 25-60 response. If you build it right you might get 28-58 I cut mine off at 58 60 and above is more mid bass. You can get down to 25 with aq/sq but what I have found is they play down to 25 but the lose a lot after 28. I have 4 hdc3 18's and hit 150.5 at 28hz but I lose 4db going to 24hz. I peak from 36-44 all above 156.5. What I did was ran 6 cubes a piece with 16-16.5 sq in per cube port tuned to 35hz. They sound great but lows are not the same as other subs with loose suspension, but I think they are much cleaner sounding through the frequencies.

Hope that helps.

I doubt you are going to get 25-60 response. If you build it right you might get 28-58 I cut mine off at 58 60 and above is more mid bass. You can get down to 25 with aq/sq but what I have found is they play down to 25 but the lose a lot after 28. I have 4 hdc3 18's and hit 150.5 at 28hz but I lose 4db going to 24hz. I peak from 36-44 all above 156.5. What I did was ran 6 cubes a piece with 16-16.5 sq in per cube port tuned to 35hz. They sound great but lows are not the same as other subs with loose suspension, but I think they are much cleaner sounding through the frequencies.

Hope that helps.

this helped alot. i could care less really if it fell off at 55hz really. i just want to get low but still have an acceptable range on music. 35hz sounds really good and i can work with that port area. gonna use torres real quick then sketch it up. thanks for the input

qn07l1.jpg

Archived