Sundown Audio

Running my amp at lower impedance than it's meant for?

chrisw.

LMAO Do they actually catch on fire? I thought that was a joke

Spitting on it never hurts. Lol

2002 chevy avalanche

Currently have:

2 dc xl 18

set of T2652-s

scv-6k

Ct sounds 75.4

270a mechman

xp3000

d3400

Wanted:

saz 200.4

Second set of T2652-s

D3100's

deadner

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow lol.............. that was a fun read some one misinterpreted a lot of what knowledgeable people and videos were saying and instead of asking nicely to explain things to him he became a big ass douche..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm not going to disagree with the majority, but I will say a lower impedance is similar to over powering subs. Some people will time and again blow subs by over powering them and yet some people do it day in and day out without problems. So what's the difference? The person behind the knob. If you are smart about it and first keep your voltage above 12v (very important) so no playing with the vehicle off, secondly don't continue to do more and more with the gains, that it's a for sure way to kill it, don't take the amp to the clipping levels. I'm not saying that your amp will survive but you are the biggest key component to whether or not your amp has a chance.

01 Chevy Silverado X-cab

2 Sundown Z18v4 walled on 2 Lanzar Opti 7k's strapped at 1/2ohm = each amp wired to 1/4ohm. Havent checked impedence rise so not sure what they are actually seeing. 6 group 31AGM's.

2-Eclipse 34230's each one running 2 Eminence 6.5" Beta 6A. These are beastly mids rated at 350w program power. I was skeptical but the eclipse amps are 370w x 2 and when there was 4 mids on 1 amp I could push it into thermal protect within a song so added the 2nd amp. 

Eclipse 4212 running 4 CT sounds Meso tweeters. and 2 DLS ultimate tweeters up high to raise the soundstage.

96' Ford F350 4wd 4d long bed 7.3 diesel with 91k miles. Will be the sound quality rig if I can ever find the time.

Ok, so captain obvious here didnt see that this was pretty well dead a long time ago.......my apologies

01 Chevy Silverado X-cab

2 Sundown Z18v4 walled on 2 Lanzar Opti 7k's strapped at 1/2ohm = each amp wired to 1/4ohm. Havent checked impedence rise so not sure what they are actually seeing. 6 group 31AGM's.

2-Eclipse 34230's each one running 2 Eminence 6.5" Beta 6A. These are beastly mids rated at 350w program power. I was skeptical but the eclipse amps are 370w x 2 and when there was 4 mids on 1 amp I could push it into thermal protect within a song so added the 2nd amp. 

Eclipse 4212 running 4 CT sounds Meso tweeters. and 2 DLS ultimate tweeters up high to raise the soundstage.

96' Ford F350 4wd 4d long bed 7.3 diesel with 91k miles. Will be the sound quality rig if I can ever find the time.

• 1 month later...

I'll tell you right now those old thunder amps will just nuke themselves they do not protect. I owned like 5 of them. If you aren't prepared to replace it then I'd stop fucking around with it

you're a mod using foul language??

2010 Ram 1500, Pioneer deh80prs,2-12" RE SXXv2's downfired in vinal wrapped center console box, kenwood 6x9's in the doors on a mtx 4 channel, viper 5901, big 3, kinetik 2000

Archived