Sundown Audio

Running my amp at lower impedance than it's meant for?

chrisw.

This

"It sounds like your willingly playing with fire, and that's cool, god knows I've done it. Jut be willing to except the consequences that come with it. I've never burned down a car, but me testing the laws of physics has caused a few fires"

if you do run lower impedance then you sure as hell better have the voltage to back it up. I ran .5ohm daily on my sundown saz-1500d v2 and it took it like a champ without overheating. The previous owner ran it at .35ohm for competition

I'll tell you right now those old thunder amps will just nuke themselves they do not protect. I owned like 5 of them. If you aren't prepared to replace it then I'd stop fucking around with it

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I'll tell you right now those old thunder amps will just nuke themselves they do not protect. I owned like 5 of them. If you aren't prepared to replace it then I'd stop fucking around with it

My protects all the time when I push it

Still Living in the 90's

MTX Thunder 2300x

MTX Thunder 2150x

MTX Thunder 275x

MTX Thunder 1500dx <---still searching

It thermal protects because it gets hot. When it pops and you come back in and saw ok it blew I'm going to be the first one in line to say I told you so. I'm not sure what amp you have but I'm guessing it's a thunder 301. It should be 2 ohm stable. The two channels are not two ohm mono stable. Now as hot as it gets at rated impedance imagine under. It's also not doing 1k either. They would do about 75 over rated.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

It thermal protects because it gets hot. When it pops and you come back in and saw ok it blew I'm going to be the first one in line to say I told you so. I'm not sure what amp you have but I'm guessing it's a thunder 301. It should be 2 ohm stable. The two channels are not two ohm mono stable. Now as hot as it gets at rated impedance imagine under. It's also not doing 1k either. They would do about 75 over rated.

Your guess is wrong. It's a 2150x (see sig) and if you read the original post you'd see that we clamp tested it so I know exactly how much power it's pushing.

It did 518w @4ohms and 983w @2ohms 13.9 volts. I'm not disagreeing with you that it may blow running it at 2ohms so no need for I told you so's or for that attitude. All I said is it thermal protects all the time when pushed hard @ 4ohms and it's not thermal protecting @2ohm cause I'm not pushing it hard

Still Living in the 90's

MTX Thunder 2300x

MTX Thunder 2150x

MTX Thunder 275x

MTX Thunder 1500dx <---still searching

Clamp tested how?

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Archived