Sundown Audio

Running my amp at lower impedance than it's meant for?

chrisw.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do give you credit that this is in the right section and not just general audio. Good job it's refreshing lol.

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Not really just pointing out the bs

N8ball, of you can set aside your disdaned for me for one second and give me your opinion of the thunder 2300 dyno video. I found one of these cheap and thinking of buying one with the hopes of getting 900w + but not if the test is "BS"

Still Living in the 90's

MTX Thunder 2300x

MTX Thunder 2150x

MTX Thunder 275x

MTX Thunder 1500dx <---still searching

So you clamped it doing 983 watts at 2 ohms? That means you were running at or close to 1 ohms nominal, .5 ohm per channel. Sounds like you went wayyy below manufacturers recommendations.

No shit lol

That, is comedy..... lol ....

You have to understand the dyno before you can put all your faith in it. To be honest the technology of those amps has been surpassed by quite a bit. Amps now a days are better cheaper and are far less taxing on your electrical. I cut my teeth on the old rf amps like the ix and a2 and still love them to this day but i would have to get an incredibly good deal to consider them now. It's like comparing a crt tv to a new led flat panel in my opinion.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I still don't get why people ask for help then argue the suggestions from the people who know this better than anything else as it's their long lived passion. But that's just me xD

Welcome to my sig :D

My build on my 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4:

2 Sundown SA 12's

Sundown SAZ 1500d v3

Alpine CDE-HD148BT

Hertz 165 Speakers

Atrend Carbon Enclosure

Stinger SPP925 Battery

Sky High 2/0 & 1/0 Power Wire & Big 3

:domodance::domodance: Legal 145.2 dB. :morepower1: Team Sundown. :domodance::domodance:

cd64929e-8a60-41ea-b784-c5c6096f49b8_zps

I still don't get why people ask for help then argue the suggestions from the people who know this better than anything else as it's their long lived passion. But that's just me xD

Please quote me arguing. Only thing I disagreed about was that the thunder amps are infact underrated from the factory and that they DO go into thermal protect when hot. As far as my clamp results go, we metered volts vs amps and did the math and that's what we got. So now you all say it's inaccurate, then fine. I don't know enough either way to believe or not believe you or the results. The results weren't even about the numbers but more about the increase on the meters between 2 & 4 ohms. But I'm sure you all will continue to berate me about some imaginary argument I'm keeping wit you all lol.. So go ahead I'm still reading

Still Living in the 90's

MTX Thunder 2300x

MTX Thunder 2150x

MTX Thunder 275x

MTX Thunder 1500dx <---still searching

Archived