Sundown Audio

Running my amp at lower impedance than it's meant for?

chrisw.

Who are these people youre referring too?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The amp is not supposed to be stable under 4 ohms mono. Not only have I been running it at 2 ohms mono but I tested it with the old amp vs volts method and got over 900w. The rest is everyone telling me my amp was going to catch fire, my test was a joke, my amp isn't underrated, I'm a noob ect ect

The wiz test basically backs up my claims and is consistent with my "inaccurate" test. Also since it didn't blow at 1 ohm it's probably fine all day at 2 ohms.

Still Living in the 90's

MTX Thunder 2300x

MTX Thunder 2150x

MTX Thunder 275x

MTX Thunder 1500dx <---still searching

Ok you win. Enjoy your amp

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

well if its not suppose to be stable under 4 and you can run it at 2.......um ok. Man up now and put that mofo at .25 and get the real power then lol

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)
Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gauge
TM Metalworkz battery terminals

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

I'm curious what it will do at 1 ohm now. I'm guessing 1100w or so but I don't think I want to push it. I'm happy with 900w at 2 ohms

Still Living in the 90's

MTX Thunder 2300x

MTX Thunder 2150x

MTX Thunder 275x

The amp is not supposed to be stable under 4 ohms mono. Not only have I been running it at 2 ohms mono but I tested it with the old amp vs volts method and got over 900w. The rest is everyone telling me my amp was going to catch fire, my test was a joke, my amp isn't underrated, I'm a noob ect ect

The wiz test basically backs up my claims and is consistent with my "inaccurate" test. Also since it didn't blow at 1 ohm it's probably fine all day at 2 ohms.

people run amps under what they are stable at all the time. Those amps usually burn up (not actually catch on fire mind you) and they end up buying another amp. None of this should be news or anything people don't understand. The clamp method IS inaccurate, even if it happens to return "correct" results from time to time. There is no way to capture which time is correct and which time isn't. The amp isn't underrated or overrated, it seems to be accurately rated. And there is no rating for 2ohm mono so no matter what number it puts out, you can't compare it to any ratings. But as far as what one would expect from 2 ohm mono it seems to do what is expected...still not sure what you are trying to prove. It protects when it is supposed to, does what the manufacturer claims. What is the point?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

My issue was wtih you coming in here claiming outrageous numbers out of an amp that is not capable of doing it because you were not testing it correctly. What happens then is it starts to spread. People start spreading rumors about how much power they can do and how its ok to run the amp way below rated impedence and next thing you know its all over the place. See the 45s in the corner of boxes and all the other stuff that have become internet legend. So while I am here to keep the peace so to speak, I am also here to keep misinformation from coming part of the I saw it on the internet it has to be true information. I don't know you to not like you so its not personal. I just don't want to see someone read this thread and think its ok to try that with their amps expecting huge power out of it to watch it turn into a sparkler.

Still Living in the 90's

MTX Thunder 2300x

MTX Thunder 2150x

MTX Thunder 275x

Archived