Sundown Audio

Running my amp at lower impedance than it's meant for?

chrisw.

Are you basicslly trying to call me out? Is that whats going on here? Do you want me to apologize to you or something because of a test ran on a different amp that you dont even own? I just want to know what it is you are looking for here after all this time.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My issue was wtih you coming in here claiming outrageous numbers out of an amp that is not capable of doing it because you were not testing it correctly. What happens then is it starts to spread. People start spreading rumors about how much power they can do and how its ok to run the amp way below rated impedence and next thing you know its all over the place. See the 45s in the corner of boxes and all the other stuff that have become internet legend. So while I am here to keep the peace so to speak, I am also here to keep misinformation from coming part of the I saw it on the internet it has to be true information. I don't know you to not like you so its not personal. I just don't want to see someone read this thread and think its ok to try that with their amps expecting huge power out of it to watch it turn into a sparkler.

none of that is invalid though. The amp isn't designed to run at under 4ohm mono. You even said yourself that it goes into protect if you try to push it hard. Some people are going to read that a 300 watt amp is OK at running under designed limits and not understand the chances they are taking to get an extra few hundred watts.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

What's your point? He said they don't protect, mine protects as designed when it gets dangerously hot. Last time it protected was after 2 1/2 hours of play at full tilt @ 2 ohms.

Still Living in the 90's

MTX Thunder 2300x

MTX Thunder 2150x

MTX Thunder 275x

MTX Thunder 1500dx <---still searching

Are you basicslly trying to call me out? Is that whats going on here? Do you want me to apologize to you or something because of a test ran on a different amp that you dont even own? I just want to know what it is you are looking for here after all this time.

Youre eating your words now and you know it, and everyone can see it

Still Living in the 90's

MTX Thunder 2300x

MTX Thunder 2150x

MTX Thunder 275x

MTX Thunder 1500dx <---still searching

Ididnthearnobell_zpsbf074e28.jpg

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

You're just fuckin yourself now dude, quit while you're ahead(in your own mind).

How do you figure im eating my words? Explain it to me I must not he very smart

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Seriously? If you cant even quote right how in the hell is anyone supposed to figure out what you are saying? He didnt even test your amp. He tested a completely different line of amps. Not only that but bigd tests these amps and leaves it up to the viewer for interpretation. He does that because there are a very large portion of people who dont get the tests. They see a number and thats it. There are others that realize the different modes mean different things. You want to put this to rest send him your amp and have him throw it on there. Otherwise its just more of you trying to justify your amp. I said it once before enjoy your amp but the video does nothing to change my mind about what was said

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Archived