Sundown Audio

Running my amp at lower impedance than it's meant for?

chrisw.

Wiz did the 2300 (2x300) and got 1600w @ 2 ohms mono

My amp is the 2150 (2x150) the smaller (exactly half of the 2300 by spec) amp of the same generation mtx amps.

I got 900w @ 2 ohms with my test, half what the 2300 did at 2 ohm on the dyno.

Everyone made a huge deal about that claim and basically treat me like a delusional idiot ever since on these boards so now I'm making a huge deal about the video results cause wether or not you all want to aknowlage it or not it basically backs up my test results.

Still Living in the 90's

MTX Thunder 2300x

MTX Thunder 2150x

MTX Thunder 275x

MTX Thunder 1500dx <---still searching

which proves the amp does...wait for it...

rated power!!! tada!

My amp is rated @ 300w @ 4 ohms

900w @ 2ohms is not rated power

Still Living in the 90's

MTX Thunder 2300x

MTX Thunder 2150x

MTX Thunder 275x

MTX Thunder 1500dx <---still searching

jesus christ...

300 at 4ohms @ 12 volts

test was @ 2ohms so one could assume 600 watts

but that is at 12 volts...test was 14

and lets not fucking forget the tested amp is a different god damn amp.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

3 times worse.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I really don't understand the issue. Your amp is rated at 300W@ 4ohms at 12.4V and you're claiming ~900W at 2 ohms with a higher voltage? Sure I'll give that to you. You essentially asked whether or not people would suggest running this amp at a lower impedance than recommended, and they said no. They understand there are risks involved when running equipment below manufacturers specifications and tried to warn you of such. Take their advice or leave it; regardless you're ultimately the one who decides whether or not the risk is worth it.

Now as far as your clamped test, yes there are issues with how you got your clamped results. The video by d'amore is a very good primer to some basic electrical theory that could give you the reasoning behind why some people doubt your 900W claim.

Finally I personally don't understand your antics the past few pages. This is the internet; don't take it too seriously. I've hovered around these forums for years and most ppl who have chimed in have always had solid advice for people. N8 does tend to have a habit with being blunt, but he does have a solid knowledge and speaks from experience. Just let your thread die without throwing a tantrum because some people have apparently hurt your feelings. It does you no good to get worked up about some people on the internet who disagree with you especially when you're so adamant about your claims. :shrug:

1997 Lexus ES300

HU - Pioneer MVH 7350

Processor - Helix DSP

Front Stage - JBL P660C

Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4

Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12

Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1

Archived