Sundown Audio

Running my amp at lower impedance than it's meant for?

chrisw.

jesus christ...

300 at 4ohms @ 12 volts

test was @ 2ohms so one could assume 600 watts

but that is at 12 volts...test was 14

and lets not fucking forget the tested amp is a different god damn amp.

If the point you're making is that 900w @ 2ohms 14v is possible than we agree.

Read the thread. They all said it wasn't possible and beat the horse to death. Now I'm the one beating it cause I have a video of the "impossible" and if you still don see how the amp in the video relates to my amp them I can't help you

Still Living in the 90's

MTX Thunder 2300x

MTX Thunder 2150x

MTX Thunder 275x

MTX Thunder 1500dx <---still searching

I'm pretty sure the issue is that they are claiming your results invalid by your clamping method. If you got ~900W clamped then they are saying it is in reality less than that.

1997 Lexus ES300

HU - Pioneer MVH 7350

Processor - Helix DSP

Front Stage - JBL P660C

Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4

Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12

Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1

what video? the video of a different amp?

how are you no making the connectionn here? the 2150 is exactly half the 2300. 600w amp vs 300w amp. the guts even look the same just x2. so extrapolating from that if the video shows the 2300 doing 1600w @ 2ohm, then there is no reason to doubt my result of 900w @ 2ohm if my amp is exactly 1/2 the amp.

the guys were ass holes about my "claim" and now here we are with this video. you think they would've believed 1600w possible out of the 2300? let alone 2200w @ 1ohm?

and if it doesn't make sense why i keep going just read the thread and how shitty they were. that and fuck it I'm bored and i don't give a shit about this forum

Still Living in the 90's

MTX Thunder 2300x

MTX Thunder 2150x

MTX Thunder 275x

There are reasons to doubt your claim. I'm pretty sure you mentioned, but humor me and say again how exactly was your amp clamped? NVM found it

1997 Lexus ES300

HU - Pioneer MVH 7350

Processor - Helix DSP

Front Stage - JBL P660C

So you used an amp meter and a volt meter? Then you didn't measure watts; you're not working with DC current. You measured Volt Amps as cleansierra mentioned early on which is a whole different animal....not to mention no details on equipment used. did you use a rms meter or not? Did you use a wal-mart meter?....there's lots of room to be mistaken even for an accurate VA measurement. That's why people are doubting your claims.

1997 Lexus ES300

HU - Pioneer MVH 7350

Processor - Helix DSP

Front Stage - JBL P660C

It wasn't my equipment so I don't know. I'm not even hung up on the exact number but more was just testing to see if I was making more power from 4ohms to 2ohms. Even if the method used was a little off it still showed the output was closer to 1000w than 500w which way more than I ever thought this amp would do

We did an alpine amp at the same time using the same method and it did exactly rated power with the test

Still Living in the 90's

MTX Thunder 2300x

MTX Thunder 2150x

MTX Thunder 275x

Archived