installing stinger voltmeter into dash?

Skax

Looks like you have a retarded half functioning cop car in your truck, especially if it's up high lol.

I mean half retarded as only one color is there

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

• 2 weeks later...

make sure you place this gauge in a EASY to REMOVE location for easy access to replace it. Do not forget to set the gauge with a real volt meter as well, as it does not come even close to accurate out of the box (or atleast the 64 i went thru didnt)

I thought your name was Don Draper... I've been watching too much Mad Men xD. But ^^ is important, with the stingers you get to calibrate them which is nice.

Welcome to my sig :D

My build on my 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4:

2 Sundown SA 12's

Sundown SAZ 1500d v3

Alpine CDE-HD148BT

Hertz 165 Speakers

Atrend Carbon Enclosure

Stinger SPP925 Battery

Sky High 2/0 & 1/0 Power Wire & Big 3

:domodance::domodance: Legal 145.2 dB. :morepower1: Team Sundown. :domodance::domodance:

cd64929e-8a60-41ea-b784-c5c6096f49b8_zps

so run it with some 14ga speaker wire?

2002 Mustang GT Procharged

Procharger P1SC Supercharger, 8psi

Procharger Intercooler, Headers,

Borla Off Road X-Pipe Exhaust, Mass Airflow

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

SCT Flash Chip (Excaliber II), Throttle Body, Lowering Springs, Carbon Fiber Hood

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

If your intent is to monitor the voltage at your subwoofer amp you need to have the power input for the meter wired directly from the subwoofer amp's terminal. If you only care about general system voltage then you can get the signal from the head unit.

I'd really like to know:

Does it make a difference if the positive is on the amp but it's grounded at the headunit?.....Does the + and - need to be on the amp or just the + ?

To get the most accurate reading possible at the amp with a DMM, you would probe the positive and negative amp terminals. You should do the same with a permanently installed voltmeter. And I would run a wire that's a bit larger than necessary in order to eliminate the possibility of voltage drop in my test wire.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

how do you go about probing the positive and negative terminals and what size speaker wire would you recommend?

2002 Mustang GT Procharged

Procharger P1SC Supercharger, 8psi

Procharger Intercooler, Headers,

Borla Off Road X-Pipe Exhaust, Mass Airflow

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

SCT Flash Chip (Excaliber II), Throttle Body, Lowering Springs, Carbon Fiber Hood

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

I just bought the Stinger SVMB Blue voltage display so I will be doing the same thing.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

Im questioning this.... I would think the headunit and amp will see different voltages... I would think you want to monitor your voltage on your amp. So that being said don't you want to wire it to the voltage your amp is seeing?

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

Archived