Cheap 4 Gauge wire!!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since the price of copper has risen since 2001, and the fact that everything has down sized slowly due to rising prices in general, a 4 gauge wire from 10 yrs ago will be have more copper than a wire made today. This is a general statement. Similar to "They don't make cars like they used to". Basically, the older you can date a copper wire, the better off you are knowing that it is actually pure copper and not hybrids. These new hybrids were made to offset the rising cost of copper. It's called DOPING. Adding a metal to a metal to make it more conductive. Less copper is used, and other products make up the MASS DIFFERENCE. I learned that in chemistry. Holds true to the analogy above. That's all I'm saying. lol.

People say "It's twice as thick"...there's a reason for that. lol.

-Frank

Since the price of copper has risen since 2001, and the fact that everything has down sized slowly due to rising prices in general, a 4 gauge wire from 10 yrs ago will be have more copper than a wire made today. This is a general statement. Similar to "They don't make cars like they used to". Basically, the older you can date a copper wire, the better off you are knowing that it is actually pure copper and not hybrids. That's all I'm saying. lol.

-Frank

you make me want to bang my head against a wall. You need to research and actually look at some head to head wire comparisons and testing. Then come back and tell us how great those eBay deals are.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

I got 50$ that the BMW 4ga is not better then the SHCA 4ga. I bet the scha has more copper, has more strands, is more flexible and would handle more current with correct terminations on each end. You buy that 4ga and a small section of ofc shca 4ga...take a pic strip the jackets and weigh equal lengths.if I'm wrong and u prove it I'll send you that 50$ PayPal

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

So if new wire is not "pure" copper and you are in a chemistry class and have the ability and knowledge to prove that, please, but 1 foot of SHCA ofc wire, or Knu ofc wire and show us that is is not pure copper.

I'm sure you have the resources available to break it down into its separate components.

Empirical data will either prove you or us wrong on this matter.

it seems you didnt see the picture where sky high has more wire than your quality used wire that we dont know if the jacket is in perfect condition

he's definitely the seller. and again, random fucking pieces of wire that have been through fuck knows what. but watch out, it came out of a BMW. It must auto add 15db. Plus, it's not this new cheap pure OFC wire we can get buy for ridiculously good prices these days. Nope, it's old stuff...always better.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived