Sonic Electronix

What should I buy to give me a good sounding system?

I just made my account here:D Nice forum. It has been very helpful in the past, but normally I always find the answer to my questions so i didn't need to make an account. However, with my bad decision making I need guidance on which path i can take. First off i want to say please don't bash my vision on this because I've fallen on forums with it, but here it is copied and pasted from yahoo answers because apparently no one wanted to read it all ha. Hopefully someone here is more helpful:D Normally when i ask some kind of question on yahoo no matter what brands i refer to looking at there's always someone telling me rockford fosgate, JL, and sundown. I like these brands but where i wanted them to be were a tad over my current budget ha.

I'm debating on 2 different setups for the subwoofer and amplifier. So far this is what I have.
JVC R900BT which has 3 sets of 5v preouts and does 20 rms x 4 cea compliant
JBL GTO938 and JBL GTO638s. The 6x9s are rated for 100 rms @ 2 ohms. The 6.5s are 60 rms @ 2 ohms.
I believe the headunit does 20 rms x4 @ 4 ohms? Since the speakers are 2 ohm not sure what will happen because on the box it says true 4 ohm as well, but when you flip it over it says each is 2 ohm on the spec sheet. Maybe it works with both, unsure how to change it? Oh well.
Anyway I can go the route with a JBL GTO5ez
With a RE audio seXd4 which is rated for 600 rms.
Or if you think that the headunit will put out plenty of power to make the speakers sound nice and crisp then I will likely put the cash towards these
Soundstream amp
Alpine type x 10
I chose the first setup to get a nice rounded sound overall with bass mids highs but if you think that the headunit will give me a solid sound then I'll focus more on the bass, which is by far my favorite part of a setup, however, I do love having a crisp sound that makes me feel like I'm listening to the instruments in person. I've heard other brands of speakers and for some reason I really enjoy the sound from JBL. It makes my ears happy i guess:) although I have heard a pair of focal that were AMAZING. Although I only wanted to spend like $60 on each set ha.
I love having a subwoofer that hits the lows well and very accurately. I wouldn't say that i like a super sq subwoofer or spl one but i like to be in the middle to get a good overall output an sq. I don't need it to be perfect though but I don't like really loud with a crap sound. I can get both setups for around 375-440ish. I've done the research on both but I want another opinion. Sorry for it being so long:/ I hope someone reads it and helps me decide which way to go. I really want to be happy with the sound because unlike my other setups this one is going to be mine for awhile. Normally I last about 6 months tops on each setup, but with a new car I wanted to get new 6.5s and 6x9s because the stock sound like garbage unless there super quiet then they don't sound super bad, but once you turn it up partially it just starts to get crappier and crappier where some notes become nonexistent.
Thanks for your help:) I hope I gave enough info about my preferences so answering can be easy.
Also, this is my first time posting on a car audio forum. Sorry if i put it in the wrong place or something lol.

might just be me but your links are broken. probally just me.

But if i were you id want to get an amplifier to power your 6 1/2's and 6x9s.

I have the gto938's on 25watts i think and they sound mehh. they need the full power to move.

next is do you need that radio? make sure you pick one that really only has the features you need.

stay away from jl, and for the price of the type x you could get something much nicer. and sound stream? i dont think I've ever heard of them

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

i hate alpine hu's never found one i liked the controls of. go pioneer no bass cut off and they don't distort to almost max volume. and to be honest I've heard a type x 12 and ten there not twice the price better then the type rs.(which i have until i get the stroto v2 15s) there decent but not worth the price

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

As far as sub goes I do not have personal experience but I believe and FI car audio SSD would be a good choice in your price range. The 10 is like 190+shipping.

And all of the Kenwood excelon series head units are supposedly clip free all the way to max volume on the preouts which I find an attractive feature.

Archived