Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

It has two Kicker C124s in it, and it takes up my whole trunk :yahoo:

The sound is amazing, hits lows like a mother f*****.

It moves clothing and hair, and it is definitely the best choice I couldve made :)

Awesome dude, glad you joined the club!

And glad your pics ended up showing up after all

I was wondering what those blank pics were

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

no, wouldn't matter, no difference in sound/performance

Thanks I have been trying to fit my lvl5 10s in one box (t-line) but couldnt make a design fit in my crx unless the subs were inverted. Build log starting Tuesday.

steven.jpg

my dream set-up is 6 15" in a t-line wall in a suburban. I dont think it would do anything amazing on the meter, but to the ear. it would be pure :yahoo:

Dodge Magnum with custom 300c front end, laid out on air bags

*4) 12" Cadence Daytona walled

*1) AudioQue 20k

*270a DC Power Alt (Dual coming soon)

hey ive built a totaly of 4 tlines 3 of them for brandons van (3 15 type r's) and one for a p1 12's when i get home tonight ill post up pics of the build of them so it can help anyone with them.

and just to let u guys know tlines are the best! when i did the first tline for brandon his one type r was louder and cleaner sounding then his 2 15's in a perfabed ported box. and the one for my p1 off 50rms sound like 2 12 w6's by what the guys at my work says, and they used to install them all the time before we switched to rockford fosgate.

I can't stop building!!!

4 DC LeveL 4XL 18 Blow Through Re-Build
The newest addition My '97 Ford Explorer Build
My First Build 8 RF P1 12's
My Myspace Add Me
My Facebook Add Me

oh, your a hypocrite too bro.....your mom has my name on her left tit - and you still like her dont you?

If youre masturbating to that sub already, wait until you get a real sub... I think your nutsack will shrivel up.

Ive been out bumping my 2- 12s, on 500rms, and I get pretty good wiper flex, nose tickles, and dancing cups in the holders

So Iam impressed with the line I designed, very easy, very efficient, I really want to do a quad 12 tline, but that may be tricky in the short tahoe body

max is 4ft x 4ft to play with, and that is with out ports being blocked by the walls

But that will be next, later on

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Ive been out bumping my 2- 12s, on 500rms, and I get pretty good wiper flex, nose tickles, and dancing cups in the holders

So Iam impressed with the line I designed, very easy, very efficient, I really want to do a quad 12 tline, but that may be tricky in the short tahoe body

max is 4ft x 4ft to play with, and that is with out ports being blocked by the walls

But that will be next, later on

Okay you said t-lines are much more efficient so you dont want to run more them the rms right?

steven.jpg

When I used to sell Kove Armageddon, I used to run them over there rms, at least 1100rms from the Memphis big Belle, and never had any issues, but the suspension was always tighter than just your average woofer. And I have built up subwoofers with ridiculous stiff suspensions that to much power never really faded them power wise at or over rms

what seems to kill a woofer more in a tline is playing lower than tuning, or just using a woofer not suitable for a tline

But because they are efficient, really over rms I don't see a tline loaded sub being any louder, and never heard of a tline really getting louder

But I have seen people use tlines, and horns in SPL use with a lot of power, but never heard any or seen in person

Well, JACK here on SMD had a Level 4xl 10" in a tline with 4000w forgot about that one, and that was a really insane install

sundown.jpg

Archived