Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

hmmm intresting. how long is the vent about? Assuming you got it tuned to a boost of like 45 hz? or you going shorter and stuffing the walls?

03 Trailblazer EXT LT

In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Polk Audio Font & Rear Stage

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

12" Rockford Fosgate Power HX2

T-Line tuned to 45hz

18"BTL T-line @31Hz (9 weeks pregnant)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Forevrbumpn

1 week ago I bought a JL 13w7 and I really like to try a t-line.

Can you help me out with a design?

Some specs of the JL 13w7:

Fs: 23,5Hz

Qms: 7,517

Qts: 0,448

I've already calculated the cone area: 130sq

I will also buy a SAZ-1500D amp soon to power this w7 :)

• 2 weeks later...

wlel i was gonna save up and build a nice t-line when i could afford more powerful subs and amps, but i think im gonna build a tline for my 2 15 inch kicker cvrs, granted i find a way to fit it in my car, lol

heres the t/s of what im working with, found them on some forum, lol

Kicker CVR15 ( 2007 D4 model )

Zn -- 4 ohm

Fs -- 20.8Hz

Pe -- 500W Rms

Xmax -- 0.492 (12.5)

Re (series) -- 6.84

Qms -- 10.81

Qes -- 0.442

Qts -- 0.425

Vas -- 9.23cuft

Net Displacement -- 243.6in3

Outer Frame Diameter -- 15 3/8in

Cut-Out Diameter -- 13 7/8in

Mounting Depth -- 8 1/8in

----------------------------------------

----------------------------------------

Here are the specs for the box: I drew it to exact dimensions in Photoshop and used the rulers and guides in photoshop to get the measurements.

Outer Dimensions: 39W x 36D x 20H

Design based on 1 in. MDF board

Port Length: 142.5 in. or 11.875 ft

Port Area: 8 wide by 18 tall = 144sq.in.

Cone Area of Sub: 151.2sq.in.

Fs: 11.875 x 4 = 47.5 - 1130/47.5 = 23.79Hz

Fs of sub: 20.8 (I got it close)

Boxed cubic feet OD: 16.25 cu.ft. - Not sure how to measure inside dimensions for the t-line (forevrbumpn did say a 15 would result in huge box)

Version 1: Sub mounted outside of box firing in (only to try and squeeze out a few more inches of port length)

The white area with red outline just shows the max dimensions for my trunk, this is the box from top view

11uzxgo.gif

I have 2 of these 15s and would really love to try and fit both in a T-line in my trunk, but I am not sure how I could get another sub in there and keep proper dimensions, since i believe with another sub you have to double port size and length

I had a sketch where it would have a sort of W or 3 shape where they would have 1 port length of their own and then share the center port that fires out of box, but this would mean they are both sharing the port size for just 1 of them and I am not sure if that would perform any better than just the 1 15 inch sub

please let me know what you think

@Forevrbumpn

1 week ago I bought a JL 13w7 and I really like to try a t-line.

Can you help me out with a design?

Some specs of the JL 13w7:

Fs: 23,5Hz

Qms: 7,517

Qts: 0,448

I've already calculated the cone area: 130sq

I will also buy a SAZ-1500D amp soon to power this w7 :)

Thats gonna knock, Ive done a single 10w7 and 12w7s before, and they get rediculess, so a 13w7 on a awesome amp like that should be a killer combo

I will look in to it, but the box will be huge, so I hope you know that

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

after a small chat with forevrbumpn, i have come up with 2 other designs to try and get the port close to the sub

i did not bother with measurements, main difference is the port width would be 9 inches instead of 8

20r7eyd.png

6sri2g.png

for either one, you think i could fit another sub in there, for the second one the sub would be firing directly into the port which i am sure i dotn want, but the first one would have both subs firing same way, maybe i could fit both 15s in that then

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, im also having issues with the actual inside box dimensions. If someone could help me out and send a CAD with measurements of a t-line for 2 type r 10's, that would be absolutely AMAZING. OORRR, you can PM and tell me how to find all the things needed to calculate it out myself. IE CAD freeware, and honestly, I don't even know how to find the qt and all those measurements on the sub. Basically, i'm starting from ground zero. :D If someone would help me out, Thatd be absolutely fantastic.

I would love to have a T-line box for my 2 Sundown sa-10's.... It will be in a trunk car... Can anyone help me design one?

1999 Chevy S102 Sundown Zv3-10's1 Sundown saz-4500d2 sets of Sundown CS6.5 Comps. (Doors)

2 10" Sundown NeoPro 10's (Doors)1/0 KnuKonceptz - Power x2- Ground- Big 3

300 Amp External Regulated Excessive Amperage Alt

147.8 Sealed Mic on Windshiled148 30sec. Average Drivers Door open Mic on Windshield

Check Out my YouTube Channel --->>> http://www.youtube.com/user/dmntyo2007?feature=guidehttp://www.stevemead...ld-competition/

Hey Bumpin, I have read this like a hundred times. Lol. I love it. I designed and built a little test box for a 4 inch sub and it turned out awesome so I want to step it up a bit to the full size. I have designed about 10 of these so far for different subs and different set ups so I think I have pretty much got the designing down. I have been trying to come up with a design for a 15 I'm getting (Kole Audio KMX 15) and have come up with a few designs I kind of like. These are the top 3 candidates. Which one do you think would be best? The one on the left is like the one I made for the 4 inch speaker, the middle one I think is a little iffy cuz the walls are barely long enough, and the one farthest right is with the sub mounted inverted.

EDIT: And obviously I would put the 45's in, I just didn't feel like modeling them.

EDIT: Just made another design - added below the first 3

122huzq.jpg

w5n3o.jpg

Archived