Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

I'd like to see what that middle one could do

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Yea. The middle one I did for a little experiment in a coupling chamber kind of thing so the back wave comes out at the same time and place as the front wave but it really wouldn't fit well in my car (it would fit but it would be kinda weird) and I really don't know how well it would work with the walls being so short. Idk if I would want to waste the 50 dollars in wood.

• 2 weeks later...

@coleslaw

i would think the last one you showed the larger of the images, would work best, becasue it is important to have the sub as close to the port as possible i believe, the other designs although seem to be able to work fine, they seem like the sub would work harder in that environment, i think having the port opening close to the sub helps it perform

but im not great at t-lines, just very interested and enjoy the math needed to make them and design them

So I've been back to the drawing board on my t-line design for a minute now. I think I've finally got it. Take a look and let me know what you think. I might start building this sometime in September.

Sub: Elemental Designs 13Kv.4

T-Line Height: 14inches

T-Line Depth:24 3/4inches

T-Line Width: 46inches

Acutal Line is

Line Height: 12 1/5inches

Line Width: 7inches

Line lenght: 156inches

26623844001_large.jpg

26623844002_large.jpg

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

So I've been back to the drawing board on my t-line design for a minute now. I think I've finally got it. Take a look and let me know what you think. I might start building this sometime in September.

Sub: Elemental Designs 13Kv.4

T-Line Height: 14inches

T-Line Depth:24 3/4inches

T-Line Width: 46inches

Acutal Line is

Line Height: 12 1/5inches

Line Width: 7inches

Line lenght: 156inches

26623844001_large.jpg

26623844002_large.jpg

So based off of your measurements that you are saying, are you trying to create a line length that is tuned to 22 hz roughly?

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

man this looks good, i would think about tryin this next time

ty

TY

Moet poppin', hoe hoppin', aint no stoppin' B.I.G. poppa, I'm a bad boy

Party and Bullshit - The Notorious B.I.G.

Honest estimate on this truck when it's all done........... 172.3...........

Ehh.. U are aware of what 172.3 is, right?

yep.....:)

Two Pyle 15"s Build log

So based off of your measurements that you are saying, are you trying to create a line length that is tuned to 22 hz roughly?

Roughly, here are my notes and pics of the first box I had designed using sketchup. The problem with that box was that there was no way physically that the sub could have fit inside that box.

T-Line (eD 13Kv.2)

To calculate length of Freq divide 1130 / (Fs freq) = Full wave Length

To calculate Quarter Wave length divide (Full Wave Length / 4)

Take the SD (cone area) if in cm2 (squared centimeters) convert to in2 (squared inches)

1.) 1130 / 21.5Hz = 52.55 ft – rounded to 53 ft

2.) 53 ft / 4 = 13.25 ft Q-wave length

3.) SD =545cm2 which is 84.48in2. The line has to be 84in2

So based off of what I have, I'll need a line that is around 13 feet long with a port area of around 84sq inches.

Ok so I sketched up a drawing in google's sketchup. Now I didn't add the top to this but the box height with the top on is only 12inches high. So if HxWxD then the box is 12 x 45 1/2 x 27 3/4. The three drawings are of the same box just showing different measurments for what I wanted to illistrate. Now to get my 84sq of line I did a HxW of 10.5 x 8 = 84sq. So the lines wide is 8 inches high by 10 1/2 height.

4527397886_1585c69708_o.jpg

4526769709_54587c978f_o.jpg

4526943403_4db8971bc1_o.jpg

So based off what I had for the orignal design I tried to build the box as closely tuned to the subs's Fs as possible. I'm thinking this might be a home theater subwoofer. So should I just build the damn thing or what?

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

i finally built a tline. it was for my brother inlaw. he has a DC lvl4xl 10. he did a 143.8 with it in his kia sportage off a kicker 1000.1

clarion cz500 head unit

Kinetik hc600

2 level 3 15s in a 4th order

mb quart 1500.1 (for now untill i get a dc 1.2k)

all knu konceptz wiring

in a 2009 ford flex

-DISKOLORED AUDIO-

-Authorized Dealer for DC Soundlab in Alaska-

• 2 weeks later...

i am trying to build a t-line, but i dont think i know where to get started. Right now I have a 13w7 in a ported box tuned to 34hz. i am pushing it with 1200 watts running at 3 ohms. it hits hard. a lot of flexing and vibrating. But i wanted to try something different. If you can give me some pointers on where to get started it would be greatly appreciated. Like i understand 1130 /23.5 = 48 / 4= 12 ft long. And my port area is 107 sq in. So does that mean that my line is gonna be 12ft long with a 10-10.4 sq in port?

Archived