Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

Cool Gold. Just keep in mind the speakers specs. Low Qts, Low QMS... Even tho the woofers I used in this tutorial have a Qts of .35, and 12.08 Qms, they still sounded outstanding. Tonite I just finished a box for 4 of these soundstreams tonite, in a 4cf zig zag shaped box and its ported, thats basically 1cf per sub ported... hope these 4- 12"s sound half as good as that tline did

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Hmm!!!  The driver I have is an Orion HP Dual 2 ohm 12" sub.  The specs I have are:

Fs: 27.23

Qms: 5.99

Qts: .54

Do you think there will be problems based upon the fact the Qts is a little higher than your recommendation?

1999 2 Door Chevy Tahoe 5.7L V8

K&N Cold Air Intake

Kenwood KDC-BT555U

1 Clarion EQS746 Equalizer

1 Clarion MCD360 Crossover

4 Incriminator Audio 1st Gen Warden 18's - 4th Order Bandpass Wall

4 Incriminator Audio 40.1s

8 PRV Audio 8MB450 8" Mid-Range Drivers

8 PRV Audio 6MB200 6" Mid-Range Drivers

1 Stetsom 3K3ES

8 PRV Audio TW350Ti Titanium Bullet Super Tweeter

1 NVX JAD800.4

2 XS Power XP2000s

8 XS Power XP3000s

10 sets of Team Project DB BA60 Battery Terminals

3 Mechman 270 amp alternators

GETTIN LOUDER DAILY!

hmm do you think i should get a t-line for one of my he2s? specs arent up to par qts=.62 qms=7.15 but they are close... heres a link to more specs if needed i have the 4ohm version so my specs are on the right http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/scripts/rig...ated=1056749393

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Cool Gold. Just keep in mind the speakers specs. Low Qts, Low QMS... Even tho the woofers I used in this tutorial have a Qts of .35, and 12.08 Qms, they still sounded outstanding. Tonite I just finished a box for 4 of these soundstreams tonite, in a 4cf zig zag shaped box and its ported, thats basically 1cf per sub ported... hope these 4- 12"s sound half as good as that tline did

Any update on how they sound?  ;D

spc2zx0.png

that sub will be to narrow banded, a Q that high will make a great SPL woofer. But again, if you do the tline based on its Fs, 27hz, you should get yourself a nice low deep hitter

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

hmm do you think i should get a t-line for one of my he2s? specs arent up to par qts=.62 qms=7.15 but they are close... heres a link to more specs if needed i have the 4ohm version so my specs are on the right http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/scripts/rig...ated=1056749393

Sorry Emp, I know you asked that, and I never replied.  with a Qts that high, I wouldnt risk the $50 in wood. I would just to a ported box, or somethin else. I have done a woofer before that was .7qts, but it was a 1 note wonder at 70hz, and it was a small 6.5" subwoofer.

The box for the 4- 12" I should throw some pics in here later tonite, or tomorrow. I have the box built, I just need to install it tonite after work when the guy gets here. And I have to make the port in the arm rest area. Should be about 2hrs of work left. So, Iam hopeing, 9-10pm tonite West Coast time  :D

I see the smileys all changed, I kinda like the old ones better

sundown.jpg

lol damn... i was thinking of getting one done to the btl specs but using my he2s until i get everythign setup for that

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

could always just make one, and throw it in there to experiment, practice- makes perfect

No pics of the 4-12"s, I cant get my camera working right, turns on, then right off.... maybe I am gonna be stuck doing the cheap $1 store throw-a-way camera, and get the film developed at a 1hr photo

sundown.jpg

Currently i have two mt 18's but i would like to try a t-line for just one of them in my truck. I have about 15 cubes total to work with. Since there are no specs on mt's i had them measured using LEAP software or something like that. What we came upwith was a FS of 41.5 Hz, Vas of 2.193,and a Qts of .41 Would this sub be suited for a t-line? i would love to see what it does. Also im still kind of confused about the whole idea so forevrbumpn couldyou shoot me a pm and help me out just a little? Thanks for the great tutorial, im just a slow learner i guess

**EDIT** I kinda figured it out but i am having troubles with actually planning the box out. i have an extended cab s-10 and i wanted to do the sub forward near the floor and the port forward near the headrest or vice versa. but im having trouble because the sub is about 10 inches deep. I think the only option is have is sub forward and port out the top. Could anybody hep please?? :help:

xa-1.gif

could always just make one, and throw it in there to experiment, practice- makes perfect

No pics of the 4-12"s, I cant get my camera working right, turns on, then right off.... maybe I am gonna be stuck doing the cheap $1 store throw-a-way camera, and get the film developed at a 1hr photo

hmm i might but i might not because i dont want to destroy the woofers but then again im not using them.... lol but hey the disposable cameras are the shit... film developed at walmart on cd no actual prints for cheap :sorcerer: thats how i used to do it back in the day and since my disposable is a pos thats how it probably will stay for quality pics

Archived