Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

You just have to keep the same port area through out the whole line. I have read all 40 pages of this and don't understand why there are so many of the same questions when it has been answered many times over. Read the thread and you'll know everything Bumpin has tried to teach you. You can't expect to know anything if you don't try to learn it first.

"i'd rather die like a man than live like a coward" quoted from Tupac

Understand it but haven't read it all. But does it matter where I mount the sub trying to figure out how to get the port through either arm rest or through rear deck.

Eclipse 3100 hu

Mtx 7500 15"

Pa 6.5 components

Knu concepts 4g wire

Big 3 with 4g and hyper ground

Rf 500-1bd

with all trading and selling stuff total cost $40 :)

You do know he does exactly the same thing?

He says = r² x pi

yup. :P

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

15" L7 in a t-line. i figured why not try it. but im still kinda confused. id like the sub n port to be on the same face. basically max dimensions width is 41" depth 30" (ill account for port width) height up to 20" (can go higher but hopefully dont need to). sd=156.25 fs=30 qts=.507. would it even be a good idea to try this? or you guys think put it in a ported and slam it?

so my math gives me 155 in^2 port, and 9.5' long. sound right?

heres the box design. sub inverted. 41" wide, 21" tall, 26" deep

15L7T-Line.png

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

Ok I'm slightly confused. ha.

So I'm wanting to use a SS T5, fs=30.7, sd=83.7, & diameter=10.32. I was tuning the t-line to 30 and I came up with around 83in^2 port length & 9'41" long??? So am I on the right track?? Then I came up with 167sq Inches and 9.25 ft long port. I'm seriously confused now...Anybody got some Help/Input??

fs=30.7, sd=83.7, & diameter=10.32.

based on Fs, at a 1/4 wave for 30 Hz it should be 1130/30 which is 37.67 ft then divide that by 4 to get your 1/4 wave, which is 9.42 ft when rounded up, so this would be the length of the port needed to tune it to 30 Hz

if the diameter is 10.32 then divide this by 2 to get the radius which is 5.16 then multiply by 5.16 and then again by pi which is 3.14 rounded which gives you 83.6 when rounded, this would normally be rounded to a whole number like 84, based on sizing issues you want to keep the port area close to this number but going a little high or lower shouldnt affect it too much, example if it ended up being 85 or 80 instead of 84, im guessing the 167 sq inches you found would be if you had two of those subs in the t-line

so it looks like your first calculations for a single sub were right on

fs=30.7, sd=83.7, & diameter=10.32.

based on Fs, at a 1/4 wave for 30 Hz it should be 1130/30 which is 37.67 ft then divide that by 4 to get your 1/4 wave, which is 9.42 ft when rounded up, so this would be the length of the port needed to tune it to 30 Hz

if the diameter is 10.32 then divide this by 2 to get the radius which is 5.16 then multiply by 5.16 and then again by pi which is 3.14 rounded which gives you 83.6 when rounded, this would normally be rounded to a whole number like 84, based on sizing issues you want to keep the port area close to this number but going a little high or lower shouldnt affect it too much, example if it ended up being 85 or 80 instead of 84, im guessing the 167 sq inches you found would be if you had two of those subs in the t-line

so it looks like your first calculations for a single sub were right on

Alright thanks man.

at first I was like wtf, how the hell did i mess up so bad. ha

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone think I should build t-line for a Pyle 21? :)

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived