Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

well if you can find all the needed specs for it to be built properly, but if it doesnt work out, the ox will basically be useless as the t-lines ave to b e built to specific sub specs, it mainly calls down to ability to do math and woodwork and budget, if you can risk wasting a box, then try it out

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

one thing that i've seen but havent tried is what if the subs are at different lengths i thought i read that there would be major cancellation but i see it more and more.

so anyone that understands that bit more then me or has done it will you please help

I can't stop building!!!

4 DC LeveL 4XL 18 Blow Through Re-Build
The newest addition My '97 Ford Explorer Build
My First Build 8 RF P1 12's
My Myspace Add Me
My Facebook Add Me

oh, your a hypocrite too bro.....your mom has my name on her left tit - and you still like her dont you?

If youre masturbating to that sub already, wait until you get a real sub... I think your nutsack will shrivel up.

Thought I would just let u guys know im going to be getting back into these again. starting with my truck. I just got my 18s playing and already a voice coil is fucked and the box has major cancelation. So im rebuilding them into 2 18 in t lines. Tonight ill post up the desgin and whatnot. So who wants to see 2 18s in one regular cab blowthrough?

I can't stop building!!!

My Myspace Add Me
My Facebook Add Me

oh, your a hypocrite too bro.....your mom has my name on her left tit - and you still like her dont you?

If youre masturbating to that sub already, wait until you get a real sub... I think your nutsack will shrivel up.

as the pic says i need help guys

18sblowthroughtline.jpg

I can't stop building!!!

My Myspace Add Me
My Facebook Add Me

What so u think about the section infront of the tlines its like a ported box that's ported into the cab. But the lines are ported into it so Idk how that's gonna work

I can't stop building!!!

My Myspace Add Me
My Facebook Add Me

can any one help me out with a t-line for a 15" Fi Q? im sorta new to the t-lines and ive heared alot of positive things about them so i wanna try for myself!

Fs: 32.1 Hz

Re: 1.4 Ohms/coil

Qms: 8.61

Qes: .44

Qts: .42

Mms: 299g

Cms: 0.82mm/N

Sd: 810cm^2

Vas: 75.6 l

Spl: 89.4dB 1W/1m

Bl: 19.65 N/A

Xmax: 28mm

Rms: 1000W

Sealed box: 2-2.6 cuft

Ported box: 2.8-4 cuft @ 28-33Hz

Sub OD: 15.625”

Cut ID: 14.125”

Mounting depth: 8.500”

Displacement: 0.19cuft

Look there go's that BASSHEAD!

as the pic says i need help guys

18sblowthroughtline.jpg

This design here ends up being a tapped horn in a way, well it does.

In all honesty, it should perform well, even though the entrance to the cab is smaller than the line area, That may even be beneficial for creating port velocity. A opening this large shouldn't make a lot of noise as people think with all that talk about port noise/etc

BUT.... That 10cf chamber, I would cancel that out. Or make it temporary to just try a theory.

If you decide to build this with that 10cf chamber, please let us know how it works out

With that chamber this ends up being a kind of ABC box I believe?

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Archived