Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

never mind i went through it again, and 4" and 4 1/16th both will make it 5 11/16ths. thanks tho

clarion cz500 head unit

Kinetik hc600

2 level 3 15s in a 4th order

mb quart 1500.1 (for now untill i get a dc 1.2k)

all knu konceptz wiring

in a 2009 ford flex

-DISKOLORED AUDIO-

-Authorized Dealer for DC Soundlab in Alaska-

• 2 weeks later...
I made a t-line box for my type r's, can someone tell me if I did it right?

looks about 29hz or so

areas look right

Anyone who may be interested, I have a design I will be working on which may simplify horn/tline and size

don't want to give any hints before I post my sample box

I have done this design with a 8" pro audio woofer, and 60hz tuning a few years back, and realized its similar to a popular hard to understand box design

The results with that woofer, ended up in smoke, and I went back to conventional quarter waves

This new design adds a velocity point which will be fun

May sound large, but I have a design up for 2- 15s with 20hz tuning in a foot print which is huge, but slimming it down by design, and will raise tuning to about 35-40hz before I test anything, or just do a single 15" which may be a better idea

so the foot print is :

32" tall x 42" wide x 40" deep for 2- 15s with a ending port area of 300sq inches tuned to 20hz

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Here knock yourselves out... its late, and Iam tired

Mhorn1.jpg

Mhorn2.jpg

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Hurry and wake your ass up! i wanna see an update on this!! :)

03 Trailblazer EXT LT

In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Polk Audio Font & Rear Stage

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

12" Rockford Fosgate Power HX2

T-Line tuned to 45hz

18"BTL T-line @31Hz (9 weeks pregnant)

Hurry and wake your ass up! i wanna see an update on this!! :)

haha not going to be any updates for awhile

My money right now is going to the 4th of july, we usually team up with a few other family on the street and party time

I posted those pics up in case anyone wants to try it themselves

sundown.jpg

haha not going to be any updates for awhile

My money right now is going to the 4th of july, we usually team up with a few other family on the street and party time

I posted those pics up in case anyone wants to try it themselves

How did you come up with the calculations for the angles? or is it just a shot in the dark? And i ordered a 18 btl and im makin it for a tline. gonna try a few diffrent things, but i remember my 2 tens in a tline. I cant wait to hear 1 18 in one :)

03 Trailblazer EXT LT

In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Polk Audio Font & Rear Stage

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

12" Rockford Fosgate Power HX2

T-Line tuned to 45hz

18"BTL T-line @31Hz (9 weeks pregnant)

Well, I simulated a high Vas 18" woofer, something in the 10cf range, laid out the area the same as Vas for this woofer

As for the horn area, I calculated averages

I got the size for the opening x's then the size of the pinch x's 2

That averaged out to the area of the 18" about 225- 230sq inch I believe

sundown.jpg

Archived