Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thats a very nice and well built box by the looks of things :drinks:

Thanks. Been working on that box on and off for about three months. Started in early June on it. Took my time and made sure I could get everything lined up. I'm now a firm believer that clamps are a box builder necessity period.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

thats a very nice and well built box by the looks of things :drinks:

Thanks. Been working on that box on and off for about three months. Started in early June on it. Took my time and made sure I could get everything lined up. I'm now a firm believer that clamps are a box builder necessity period.

Time for some vids! hah

System:

Basically Stock

In process of upgrading

How would I go about making a t line box for an AQ HDC315? I've read the thread many times and tried to put something together but I keep getting stumped because I'm trying to keep the top and bottom halves of the box the same height like he did but the mounting depth is larger. It's that and the fact that I can't figure out where to start measuring the imaginary port line that's supposed to equal the Fs(40 hz). Can someone please help? I don't think space is a matter because I want it to go in the bed of my truck. (19" x 6ft x 4ft wide)

Perve great box. The problem is that its 1/4 wave is so low. So yeah Iam sure 40+ hz is sloppy. A box can only play so wide of a bandwidth. That's why I tell most people to do there first line around 40-35 hz regardless of FS. Maybe if you do another try 30-34 hz or so. Nice box btw

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

As far as SD=Line area is just a basic guideline. It works. I personally have taken it to the next step. I design a 2D drawing/sketch of the line I want to do, but I have been starting the line at a smaller than SD and end the line larger than SD. I then calculate Line to equal Vas. If Vas calculated into the line isn't realistic to the design Iam doing, I just go back to the basic tline design. Sometimes Vas is to large or to small to do this.

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

• 3 weeks later...

I dont see a t-line?

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived