Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

I've built maybe a dozen or so T-lines, most of which were for home theater use as they seem to perform the best on often very limited power. I typically just build T-line towers, and have even put small driver T-lines inside couches. But this will be the first coffee table I've ever done, and it'll be for myself. Houses a 15" DC LVL 2 and should pound out the lowest of the low any movie has to offer. Will have a glass top too for durability, don't need any water spots on my table. Haven't decided if I'm going to laminate MDF, or just start with real hardwood. My wallet will decide.

Coffeetable_1.jpg

Coffeetable_2.jpg

Coffeetable_3.jpg

Coffeetable_4.jpg

Coffeetable_5.jpg

Coffeetable_6.jpg

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice, put up a vid when its done :)

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Traditional T-line, reverse t-line, or tapped t-line?

The answer is yes for all 3, but there will be design compromises.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

I have a question do i need to double the volume of the tline if i have 2 subs or what do i need to do? is there anything special i need to have done to the design or what?

Introduce a no fat chicks in the whip rule.

Im gonna have tech force make up a sign that says that and put it on my car lol

This was my first t-line.

302964_285435418162841_100000891554931_911009_1054947084_n.jpg

Im mad at myself for not painting the port though. <_<

lol Sweet T-Line, does it sound nice for mid-bass? Got any vids?

I put it in a friends car and I just moved outta state, he is going to do a rebuild soon. When he does I will get a video, or Ill have him get a video and send it to me.

I would not call it 'mid bass', it was not very punchy and did not sound that good for rock, it hit pretty deep but was very clean sounding.

But, that was in his car, I did try it in a few other cars and everyone sounded different. In my Saturn it blended well with my full range 8s and in my other friends car it sounded very good on "Hotel California" (the live version).

So for that box, the vehicle seemed to play a big part of the sound.

Once I get settled in my new house, I will start a second t-line to try out in my SUV.

Archived