Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

I couldnt read it, the english was too poor.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Forevr bumpin, I'm getting pretty good with horn resp so I tried to simulate that "M line". If I did it right it really looks like you're on to something, I think I'm gonna try it out with one of the subs I have laying around. :good:

Well, it had good results when I built them. I just didnt have the wood to do a larger design with a lower tuning. I really want to do a 40hz or lower on a 15" or larger subwoofer

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Robnie, I think your definitely adding great info. One problem I have is say T-line or Transmission line in place of Quarter-wave Pipe. A quarter-wave pipe, what this thread is originally based on is the "T lines for Dummies " of quarter-wave/tline design. (The Dummies part is not making fun of anyone, just in case there is no books in your country "For Dummies")

I have noticed in Quarter-wave pipes, they are way more flexible with woofer style, no need to taper like the design your showing. I tried tapering your style before, and its just not for me. Its to complicated for most even.

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Dus - center of woofer

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Robnie, I think your definitely adding great info. One problem I have is say T-line or Transmission line in place of Quarter-wave Pipe. A quarter-wave pipe, what this thread is originally based on is the "T lines for Dummies " of quarter-wave/tline design. (The Dummies part is not making fun of anyone, just in case there is no books in your country "For Dummies")

I have noticed in Quarter-wave pipes, they are way more flexible with woofer style, no need to taper like the design your showing. I tried tapering your style before, and its just not for me. Its to complicated for most even.

i'am glad to hear that the story i posted is some good info for al the people on this forum.

but this is al the theorie i know about this type of enclosures and i normaly call them T-line alsow.

but the program i translated the story with had some other toughts i'am sorry about that.

but i have read some of the posts on this topic and i guess it is just not nesecarry to to tapper the line.

and i could just keep i straight and have a great sound alsow.

so i can just take te surfes of the subwoofer and keep the line that way from the begin till the end.

the fs of the sub is 38,4 that means the line would be 87 inch long .

Dus - center of woofer

Thanks for the reply bro.

But, My question wasn't answered yet. Lol.

Maybe my english is terrible because i'm from Hawaii?

Sorry if that sounded rude..

Anyways, I need to know whether the end of the port line ends at the center of the sub or does it continue all the way through until the end of the port.

Archived