Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

i never calculate a enclosure on my computer i do it the easy way.

i take 340meter/second this is the speed of sound i share that bij the FS of the sub in my case that is 38,4HZ and than i share that by four and wath comes out i take as the lenght of te line in my case that is 2,2 meters long or 87inch.

thats te total length i use for the line from the beginning til the end and i just put the sub in the beginning of the line.

but i am not an expert in this thats the way i always did it and it worked for me.

but i must tell i always tappered my T-lines til now.

i have to try a straight wan myself before i can say somting about them i have never used a straight T-line bevore.

• 2 weeks later...

I've built a few t-lines for a single sub in the past. Currently Im trying to figure out what will fit and sound the best for my two DC 8 m2's. I love t-line but I can't seem to get two DC 8 m2's to fit on top of each other in my trunk (trying to keep the height around 14"). I've never built a t-line for dual subs... only a sigle sub. Can they be i nthe same chamber side by side (sharing the same line) or do they have to be seprate? If its in the same line do you have to have twice the port area but the same length?? Any help would be appriciated.

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )
* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )
* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )
* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver

* One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL
* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement
* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling
* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator

* KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables
* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable
* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries
* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL

My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold

try to place them next to another like te drawing i posted here that will fitt just wright.

i would only use only one time the port area and would put them togetter in one line.

but i am not an expert i just say this out of my own experiance wit 4 times 8 inch al togetter in just one line.

i must say that the line i used was tappered from 1,5 times SD at the beginning to 1 time SD at the end.

succes

Click Links To View Build Logs

1994 - Mazda B3000 (Daily/Toy/Show)

2002 - Mazda Protege (Daily)

1995 - Hyundai Accent (R.I.P.)

1984 - Bronco II (Restoration Project)

Youtube Channel

Somebody wanna build this? it's for 4 15" Fi Q's.

T-lines.png

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Archived