Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

After reading through 57 pages I need some input. t line enclosure for type r 12

fs=29hz

qms= 7.89

qts= .47

My qms and qts are higher then recomended on the first page, is this a issue?

These specs being said here are my calculations

center of surround to center of surround= 10"

10/2=5

5x5x3.14= 78.5

fs= 29hz

1130/29=38.965

38.965/4=9.741

So if Im doing this correct my port opening will be 78.5 sqin and my port length will be 9.741ft long?

Max dimentions in the car are L=39, H=16 W=16-20". The Type R 12 has a 7.7" mounting depth so Im not sure how to fit the sub in the port size I figured. I would gladly paypal someone more experienced a few bucks to help me design this tline as long as I knew the steps taken to get the final result so I can learn off of it.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

are you sure its 10" at 1/2 surround to 1/2 surround?

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

See that sounded strange to me as well. It has that accordian type surround, and the half rib to the next half rib is 10? We are talking about the rubber surround right?

the outer most part of the rubber surround to the other outer most part is 10.75, Thats off alpines website. But we are wanting the center of the surround which is 10".

See that sounded strange to me as well. It has that accordian type surround, and the half rib to the next half rib is 10? We are talking about the rubber surround right?

the outer most part of the rubber surround to the other outer most part is 10.75, Thats off alpines website. But we are wanting the center of the surround which is 10".

I was just finding it odd that it was exactly 10" across from center to center was all. If you're measuring a ribbed surround you want to choose the point between the ribs (assuming the ribs are the same width each) and realistically there is a bit of fudge factor, so its not something to be worried about if you're ".2" out or so.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

where's your line measurement? Just eyeballing it looks close, too late at night to do math..

Hammerdown... 1%

Archived