Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

on some real S%^%T ......... can i get some good input from real peoples without any funny comments in any suggestions to my first t-line built....YO FOREVRBUMPN I GIVE YOU PROPS AND RESPECT A TRUE DOG....

I CAME UP WITH A DRAWING AND MEASUREMENTS OF 40 X 29 X 13.5 WITHOUT THE 45s ON THE CORNERS, IM I SOMEWHERE CLOSE TO MY EQUATIONS...ALSO HOW MUCH SPACE SHOULD I GIVE THE SUB BEFORE GLUING THE FIRST PIECE OF MDF UNDER IT SINCE MY MOUNTING DEPTH IS 8.75"

12" ALPHASANIK MAYHEM DUAL 2ohm 2200RMS

FS -35HZ

QTS - 0.374

QMS - 1.485

SD - 10.5" FROM MIDDLE TO MIDDLE OF SURROUND

8.75 - MOUNTING DEPH

1130 / 35HZ = 32.28

32.28 / 4 = 8.071' PORT LENGHT

10.25 / 2 = 5.12 X 5.12 = 26.21 X 3.14 = 96.85 PORT AREA

THX ..

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

on some real S%^%T ......... can i get some good input from real peoples without any funny comments in any suggestions to my first t-line built....YO FOREVRBUMPN I GIVE YOU PROPS AND RESPECT A TRUE DOG....

I CAME UP WITH A DRAWING AND MEASUREMENTS OF 40 X 29 X 13.5 WITHOUT THE CORNERS IM I SOMEWHERE CLOSE TO MY EQUATIONS...ALSO HOW MUCH SPACE SHOULD I GIVE THE SUB BEFORE GLUING THE FIRST PIECE OF MDF UNDER IT SINCE MY MOUNTING DEPTH IS 8.75"

12" ALPHASANIK MAYHEM DUAL 2ohm 2200RMS

FS -35HZ

QTS - 0.374

QMS - 1.485

SD - 10.5" FROM MIDDLE TO MIDDLE OF SURROUND

8.75 - MOUNTING DEPH

1130 / 35HZ = 32.28

32.28 / 4 = 8.071' PORT LENGHT

10.25 / 2 = 5.12 X 5.12 = 26.21 X 3.14 = 82.34 PORT AREA

THX ..

What?

WHAT I MEANT PREVIOUSLY IS HOW MUCH SPACE SHOULD I HAVE BETWEEN MY FIRST 1/4 WAVE MDF AND THE BOTTOM OF SUBWOOFER MAGNET ..GIVING A LINK BELLOW A PICTURE AND SAMPLE OF BOX SIZE @ 35HZ WITH RED CIRCLE OF EXPLANATION AND MY SUB PARAMETERS..ALPHASONIK MAYHEM 12"..

I CAME UP WITH A DESIGN OF 40 X 29 X 13 1/2

http://s1163.photobu...q542/jahliee24/

http://www.alphasoni...parameters.html

No, he's just short a few brain cells.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello SMD Forum members this is my first post. I had bought an Sundown SA8^V2 woofer recently and trying to make a design i can put together when i get back to the states. (currently deployed) in my quest to design a box i had stumbled across this forum. I have read thru all 59 pages and I understand how to get the calculations for my over all product. I understand do to the size of the magnet structure on my particular woofer i will not be able to fit the woofer in the port and will have to inverse mount to the box. I tried designing a blue print to build off of but i can never seem to get my measurements to add up. I am always a few inches off the needed port length etc. So i was wondering if one of you who have one of them box making programs could design me something up real quick. It is appreciated in advance for your help here is the information i had gathered so far.

Sundown Sa8v2

Qms: 10.10 - ( i know this is a lil high but i bought before i planned so its what im stuck with) (what would this being high cause anyhow?)

QTS: 0.33

Vas: 7.44L

FS: 34.6 HZ

SD: 29.63 in^2 (i forgot what the measurement was originally that's after i had converted it)

Port Length: the measurement i had came up with would be a 1/4 Sign measurement of 97.98 in.

Other relevant information

Cut out 7 3/8"

Mount Depth 6 1/8"

Archived