Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

Use shims to lift the sub or make the mounting point deeper by design. It wont hurt anything tuning wise.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

So nobody has built one where the subs depth is deeper then the line dimensions should be ?

I've built a lot of them. No problems whatever.

11046437_1609295609306729_53169417198450

11947716_1687389201497369_18383656161411

And, my own daily driver...

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

• 2 months later...

on youtube a poster named HexiBase built a few t-lines. the one that I'm interested in if anyone seen it is the one he built for his personal vehicle. he stuffed 3 12" SA-12's into what he called a t-line in the back hatch of a Suzuki Grand Vitara or an XL7 not sure which. I've seen the size of the OP build for 2 12's in the back of what looks like a Tahoe or a Suburban, so I'm not sure how this guy HexiBase did 3 in the hatch of a small SUV/Crossover

Does anyone know what programs the guy (HexiBase) was using to build his boxes? and how he made a "small" t-line enclosure for his personal vehicle???

• 2 weeks later...

so, i have built a bunch of T-lines now, but now I want to do slim 12" in a single cab truck. will this design work? the length is correct for the freq, and the mouth is right, but will the design of it work, or flutter? can someone please let me know, thanks.

shit... how do I screen shot sketchup and post it here first

?

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

it wont let me add the photo. it tells me that the extension is not allowed. http://s524.photobucket.com/user/jhmeg2/media/DD%20Sl712_zpspag10ftj.png.html?sort=3&o=0

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

it wont let me add the photo. it tells me that the extension is not allowed. http://s524.photobucket.com/user/jhmeg2/media/DD%20Sl712_zpspag10ftj.png.html?sort=3&o=0

What sub, amp? What is the length of the line?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived