Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

i just wanted to chime in about forevrbumpn....dude know what hes talking about! he has given me a ton of help and i just built a tline for a single eclipse sw9102 10 and i just metered 144 flat on a new tl in a mits montero suv sealed up. maybe some have heard a single 10 hit that but i dont think its too common especially since it street plays great! hits every note. im gonna try a few other subs over the next couple days. ps dont bother trying a l7 kicker  :-X qts sucks! thank bumpn!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

T-lines and folded horns are fun. I built plenty of both in the past few years. By far the best overall sounding boxes. I could never get one to kick ass on a meter. The wife's got a T-line with 2 Selenium Xtremes for her daily driver.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I dont care what people say about pro audio, Seleniums are bad ass, even tho Iam sure your talking about the mobile line. I would like to try some of there PA sub woofers. Eff of like 102db, and Fs of like 40hz, would be a insteresting  sub set up...

And yeah, I agree, metereing tlines is hard to do for spl, only because if you tune them wrong, and put to much power to them, you can easily bottom out your woofers, cause some damage to them. Thats why its best to keep your max power to your sub, in a tline, to about the rms point of the woofer- Just in case

But like King said, they are fun, because you can impress your friends by saying, "Yeah, I have 1-10" and 250 watts" and look at the expressions on thier face, when they find out your telling the truth, and dont have some 15s back there

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

well, for personal, and not for metering, you will be very happy

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I dont care what people say about pro audio, Seleniums are bad ass, even tho Iam sure your talking about the mobile line. I would like to try some of there PA sub woofers. Eff of like 102db, and Fs of like 40hz, would be a insteresting  sub set up...

And yeah, I agree, metereing tlines is hard to do for spl, only because if you tune them wrong, and put to much power to them, you can easily bottom out your woofers, cause some damage to them. Thats why its best to keep your max power to your sub, in a tline, to about the rms point of the woofer- Just in case

But like King said, they are fun, because you can impress your friends by saying, "Yeah, I have 1-10" and 250 watts" and look at the expressions on thier face, when they find out your telling the truth, and dont have some 15s back there

I love the looks I get when I run them. I get the " it's that flee market crap" till I show them what they can do on a 200w amp :^

I will be upgrading my front stage to their pa line this next year. 3 way setup with horns.

I've seen the PA 18's at the Namm show that I would love to mess around with

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

that would be awesome, all pro audio. This company I worked for, proved you can use pro audio in a mobile/ marine envirnment... Look at the Skylon Rubicon 450 tower speakers, and the 350s, all horn and accordian surround, and they sound awesome. We played around with them in home audio, and car audio set ups too.

www.skylonsports.com

sundown.jpg

I forgot to throw this drawing of the box from a side- its on PAINT, but the red lines are shown as measuring points. which are very important-obviously

Posted Image

so, measuring port length would be directly down the center of the port(the redline) correct? do you have to make any adjustments when measuring that, due to the 45's??

Nobody makes me bleed my own blood, NOBODY!!!

Archived