Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

ya well he barely posted it up this morning at like 8 am so i think it was way after you visited the thread.... anyway if i were to do said short t-line would my woofer last? im not sure if i want to venture into something that has the potential to destroy the woofer easily

btw i was told i have about 7cubes total in my trunk from an outside source, ive yet to measure

How short are you talking about anyways? The FS of that sub, along with Qts/Qms is perfect- 40hz. That is 7ft long, with 1 bend. That is only 34" long, 14" tall  14" deep... is that too big? Simple box design, and compact as far as tlines go

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

actually i think that would fit well in my trunk :^... my only concern is playing below 40hz... should i tune lower if im a big rap hip hop fan?

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

well, if the woofers natural Fs is 40hz, you dont want to go lower than that. The speaker will break in with everyday listening, so it may go to a 38- 36hz later on, but in car response wil stay play in to the 20s, even if the tline is tuned to 40hz, and ofcourse port and woofer direction count. I honestly think the btl 12" and the tline would be a good combo for every day listening, whether its a spl sub or not. And as far as Rap goes, like I wrote towards the beggining, I havent heard a "properly built" tline play music bad yet, besides Vans by wolfpack, that song is tuned to damn high.

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

any updates Eric?

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

Forevrbumpn or anyone else... you have any links to 1/4 wave/t-line websites, or maybe some good books(anything like that)??? i wanna do some more reading to learn about these things... btw great tutorial!! :^ i really wanna build one of these...

Nobody makes me bleed my own blood, NOBODY!!!

Archived