Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

i ave did 2 of these so far 1st one didnt come out as great cause i didnt  get hte 45 degree angle to work rigt(i cant cut them lol

but im buildin my second one 2night ill post what happends on this one  2 10 old mtx speakers

2001 Roush (New setup comming soon)90 RHD s13 hatch (toy)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It honestly takes practice, or a design that has been tested. Ive built sht load of these boxes, and as long as you use the math, they come out pounding harder than ported anyday.....  And Meg, yeah thats a nice box

:^

laminate isnt that bad at like  www.partsexpress.com

carpet is cheap there too, and terms

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

that looks badass

the laminant costs a grip, but his grandma had the hook up back then. also he said it was a b!tch to file down

file down? like the edges and port?

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

ok i just finished and deliverd the box ibuilt for a guy i work with  it was for 2 10s

12 year old MTX speakers these look like crap but holy crap they where loud as hell

amp gain was all the way down and it was set 18db + at 40hz  wit gain off we left it like that they where shakin stuff inside his house and they worked well with rock and rap songs tahts what he was lookin for  and i use sheetmetal as my coners just to see if they work  ill take pics of one of the corners to show ya have they came out     :^Forevrbumpn :^

PS  my first box sucked nuts lol i am gunna redo it  with the sheet metal corners  and take my time a bit

2001 Roush (New setup comming soon)90 RHD s13 hatch (toy)

awesome... pics pics

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

hmm do you think i should get a t-line for one of my he2s? specs arent up to par qts=.62 qms=7.15 but they are close... heres a link to more specs if needed i have the 4ohm version so my specs are on the right http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/scripts/rig...ated=1056749393

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Forevrbumpn, in the first thread of this post you mentioned that you separated the woofers throughout the box, but the pictures do not show this happening?  I'm just wondering where exactly you separated the woofers?

Also, how do you account for multiple woofers?

1999 2 Door Chevy Tahoe 5.7L V8

K&N Cold Air Intake

Kenwood KDC-BT555U

1 Clarion EQS746 Equalizer

1 Clarion MCD360 Crossover

4 Incriminator Audio 1st Gen Warden 18's - 4th Order Bandpass Wall

4 Incriminator Audio 40.1s

8 PRV Audio 8MB450 8" Mid-Range Drivers

8 PRV Audio 6MB200 6" Mid-Range Drivers

1 Stetsom 3K3ES

8 PRV Audio TW350Ti Titanium Bullet Super Tweeter

1 NVX JAD800.4

2 XS Power XP2000s

8 XS Power XP3000s

10 sets of Team Project DB BA60 Battery Terminals

3 Mechman 270 amp alternators

GETTIN LOUDER DAILY!

no, I didnt seperate them, I made a 45deg between the subs, so that the waves do not destry eachother in the very beggining of the line, its a single line, with 2 subs

the second pic is pretty hard to see, but its in there... After xmas, I should be doing another Tline, but for myself, and I will add some tricks in there, and do a better tutorial

Posted Image

Posted Image

sundown.jpg

Oh ok, I see it now.  There's a shadow cast over the 45deg "V" in the second pic.  I look forward to your second tutorial, but in the mean time I'm going to probably try my hand at one of these this weekend.

1999 2 Door Chevy Tahoe 5.7L V8

K&N Cold Air Intake

Kenwood KDC-BT555U

1 Clarion EQS746 Equalizer

1 Clarion MCD360 Crossover

4 Incriminator Audio 1st Gen Warden 18's - 4th Order Bandpass Wall

4 Incriminator Audio 40.1s

8 PRV Audio 8MB450 8" Mid-Range Drivers

8 PRV Audio 6MB200 6" Mid-Range Drivers

1 Stetsom 3K3ES

8 PRV Audio TW350Ti Titanium Bullet Super Tweeter

1 NVX JAD800.4