Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

Can someone tell me how to do a multiple woofer setup? i need to know how to position the subwoofers in the enclosure

How many woofers are you doing?

Rowan University Electrical Engineering

LINK TO MY BUILDDDDD

Current Setup in my 00' Hyundai Accent:

Pioneer DEH-P6900UB

RE.6.5C AUDIO 500w 6.5" COMPONENT CAR SPEAKERS

Eclipse SE 6500 (6.5 coax in rear deck)

two Kicker C124's in a t-line tuned to 28.6Hz

Kenwood KAC-7204

US amps 1600.4 V2

Upcoming Build this summer:

T-Line enclosure for two C124's tuned to 28ish hz O_O

amp my speakers with a US amps 1600.4.

Second Skin Should be fun ^_^

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

alrighty bumpn.... I am going to take out the DD1508 and I wanna use a 6.5" in a T-line for my sub. I wanted to find someone to build me a beast little piece, but I doubt thats gonna happen....

... unless you feel you could make that happen :drinks: It looks like its gonna be the DDW6.5 in a T-line. The Fs for it is 36Hz, but I went with 40Hz, for a couple reasons... it fit the truck better and I think 36 was a little low for a 6.5". If you could please sir, chech the math for me. Truck is 46" wide, 3/4 mdf, aprox. 5.6 accross the driver gives me a port mouth of 24.8^2". 40Hz is 83.497" line length. making the port mouth 5.75" tall X 4.25" wide. Does this all sound about right? if you need or want me to give more detail, please let me know. Also, Foreverbumpn... This was/is a very informative thread. I just did a T-line for smokedoutimpalla, using an MTX 4508 and he fricking loves it. He has it posted in his build log. I think he is going to get my DD1508 off of me, when I get the DDW6.5 thanks man, get back to me soon.

p.s. any one gonna be at SBN?

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

Great! Always wanted to try a T-Line, thanks for the How-To

Subs are like titties, They need to come in pairs because ones and threes are just wrong, and larger amounts will always draw a crowd, we all have our favorite sizes, but the bigger ones are more fun to watch move!

Did anyone ever end up doing a t-line with 15s or a blow through?

I plan on having Forevrbumpn build me something for one of my vehicles. I'm sure its going to be crazy.

KTM, I don't know if we talked about it, but yes I have done tlines on 15s, and 18s, and multiple subs

in that space for that blow thru its possible to 1-15 tuned to around 40hz, and it should slam, and get really low

but with how small you want the entrance in to the cab, I think bandpass will be the best bet

Just do 1- 10"x10" port

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Sounds good, I still have yet to hear a t-line box but from what I understand they sound great. I am not too worried about a huge hole for the blow through, I can always weld it back up. I guess I could just brace what ever ends up getting cut out.

KTM, I don't know if we talked about it, but yes I have done tlines on 15s, and 18s, and multiple subs

in that space for that blow thru its possible to 1-15 tuned to around 40hz, and it should slam, and get really low

but with how small you want the entrance in to the cab, I think bandpass will be the best bet

Just do 1- 10"x10" port

Yo Bumpn,

When are you going to fix the pics in this thread? I'm trying to understand your formulas and what not, but dude pics of what your talking about goes a long long way in helping a visual learner out. :give_rose:

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

Hi guys... Been awhile since I was able to log in here! I just got my hands on a 15 inch Crystal Comp, wondering if going with a TLine will be worth the time and effort? I wanna tune it to the sub's fs but I'm not sure how big the Tline is going to be? Website says fs is 29 Hz... I'm now more into loud and clear kinda stuff... I also wanna know if a 500 watts rms amp be enough??? I'm kinda lost using your formula so I thought of posting it here.... Thanx....

Archived