Second Skin Audio

ive ran a single t2 12, 2 t2 12s, and a single t2 15.

single t2 started off with a t300.2 (roughly 900rms bridged beast of a Rockford amp) then went up to a t1500.1bdcp and that's what ive been using since for all the other listed sub setups.

the single t2 12 handled the t1500.1bdcp just fine until I got greedy and made the noob mistake of thinking gain=volume. took some dirty power for a week or 2 before giving up on me. by dirty I mean my gain was most likely 1/2-3/4 the way up but if set right it most likely should have been below 1/4 the way up. was using the loud feature on my pioneer hu and the bass knob for the amp. full tilt on the hu and most pioneer start clipping around 50-55 at 62 im sure it was clipping (my new pioneer has no clip full tilt). simply put I abused the hell out of it, over powered and clipping like crazy.

after that I they warrantied it and I put the new one in and kept the gain way down. didn't have anything to set it with so I left it at no higher then 1/8 the way up. ran that for about 2-3 months before I got a second one then. ran those for about a year and when I sold them to buy the t2 15's the coils still looked brand new and never smelled coil.

single t2 15 on the t1500.1bdcp gain all the way down (didn't get it set so I just left it all the way down) did around a 143db at 45hz sealed on a termlab iasca event. only ran that for a few weeks before something came up and I put it in storage and moved state. box was tuned around 35hz and the flex was more then my 2 t2 12s but they where tuned around 38-40hz.

if you cant get them for under 475 I would look else where though. they are great subs but for the money you can get better. I think there are even some lvl 3's going for $200 in the for sale section. could get 2 of them for less then one t2.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

120 for a t2 is a great deal. I sold both my t2d412s for a bit over 600 with no box. was offering a box for them but the people that bought them said they already had them. they paid asking price even though they weren't getting the box so I got lucky there. I paid 800 for them so a 200 loss after a year of use was nothing.

what are the box specs? material? do you have a pic?

just thinking that if the box isn't very good building a box for a single 12 is easy and fairly cheap. cost will be around $50.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived