DC Sound Lab

Starting him off early with DC

• 2 weeks later...
So since we had another round of sleet and snow over the weekend I spent some time Sunday playing with this project. Rules state the meter is placed at the face of the windshield/dash area of the Powerwheel and has to be 12" from the port.

So to concentrate the air coming out of the meter I went from a 3" port down to a 1/2" port. Should give a nice jet stream of air right into the meter. This will just be for competing. For daily play the elbow and 1/2 port will twist off for normal listening.

DCBox9.jpg

Also is a shot under the hood since a lot of people are asking what kind of battery I run.

DCBox10.jpg

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

Travis Jennemann

Hahah.. This is hilarious :clapping:

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

• 1 month later...

went out for a little test ride after i got everything put back together, the port can face any direction, hence why it is facing backwards while he drives it around our subdivision. First show is this weekend so we will see what number he puts up. but right now it is tuned around 38hertz. I will probably have to fill the box in some to get less square footage. that way the port length will help me get it tuned to mid 50's

CAM00511.jpg

Edited by tjennemann

Travis Jennemann

This is amazing, its kinda sad that your kid has a better system than I do right now....

will it depress you even more saying i did a quick test on it, and it did a 161 at 38 hertz on a termlab with 800 watts. But that is the mic right outside the port. The box is way to big at 1.3 cubic feet. so i am going to drop it down to about .75 so i can get the frequency up to mid 50's and hopefully produce a better number. In Midwest SPL the meter is put 12" out of the port so i still have a lot of testing to do and get it dialed in

Travis Jennemann

This is by far the most pimped out power wheel I've ever seen

Pretty slick man I like it