This will be very slow build from the other stuff going on. Unlike my others this will be more real time not all at once. I have got some of the box done but not finished. The reason it says burp is cause one morning the wife was going to work. She said she wanted to take the burb but instead of burb. She let out a loud burp so it has been dubbed "The Burp" by the family lol. Here is the layout

99 GMC 1500 suburban

HU Sony CDX-GT740ui

Amps RF Punch PBR300X4

Soundstream Tarantula 1300

Wire SHCA

Speakers 3 Sundown e8's

RF P165.5

RF P165

Box will be tuned to roughly 36hz using 3" areo ports. The volume just under 2 cub after displacement.

Pac1

1_zps5865e0b1.jpg

2_zps4da03e77.jpg

3_zps5e9a13f1.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok here is the start. I got the SA subs for the wife for Christmas which she liked. I love having a wife like her she is into RC's,Guitars,will watch football and nascar all day,can change oil and work on cars next to me,can go to the sports shops and embarrass the guys behind the counter who treat her like she don't know anything lol. She deserves another build putting up with me for a long time lol.

4_zps790859a5.jpg

5_zps9f9c1dd4.jpg

6_zpse0868834.jpg

7_zpsb1fb7b3b.jpg

These version 3's are stout little buggers.

Got wood

8_zps9bc57298.jpg

My son actually is helping me on this one. So proud of how far the little guy as came in the last few years. This brings tears to me as this is the first time we have worked on something like this. Long over due just couldn't be helped sadly.

9_zpsd608edfb.jpg

10_zps09eb51fa.jpg

All cut

11_zpsd30884cc.jpg

I love this thing woot

12_zpsb95cdefb.jpg

Time to cut out the speaker holes. This will have a extra baffle on it just the pics got lost.

13_zpsf15ace31.jpg

14_zpsb48d621c.jpg

15_zpsf1c07a6e.jpg

16_zps0cd6c08b.jpg

Top done

17_zpsc48432e5.jpg

Went to test the fit of the speakers. The countersunk portion was too small. Well I found a easy way to fix that. I used a 1/4" bit for this. So I used a 1/4" dowels to hold the center cutout in place to fix my screw up

18_zpse2c6a09b.jpg

19_zpsbb2b11da.jpg

It fits now

20_zpsdedffaf6.jpg

21_zpsb7d1ea87.jpg

Done yet!!!?? :peepwall:

I have heard that phrase before lol. I want to try and get the wire started this weekend. I will pull the door panels off so I can replace a winder regulator and motor. Then finish putting the box together cause of that dumb move lol.

I might be done before you :)

Archived