Sonic Electronix

Hello everyone. Im looking to do my first build and dont know where the start. What i know is that i dont want what everyone else has. Them cheap kickers and a boss amp is not going to cut it. The subs i have been looking at are the re sx18s. i was thinking of doing 2 in the back of my 90 bronco xlt i just picked up yesterday. I would preffer 18s becuase i dont know of nyone with them. If anyone one knows of 18s that sound great but a bit chaper that would be great. i just dont know what to do at this point. i say i have about 1000 to start. and to add i was planing on getting both subs, built a box and power only one nd save up for antoner amp and power upgrade. any help would be great. i am willing to uy a good used system. tell me what yall think

Looking to buy hdc3 and sq2200 bundle. let me know

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First, 1000? Isn't going to get ya far. I'm not up to par as far as pricing goes on stuff... but I'm sure the subs will eat most of that, if not almost all of it. Then you gotta do the box. Wires. Probably 1 giant ass battery or 2 good sized ones. Maybe even an alt.

So 1000? Might want to expand that budget.

But good job (no sarcasm or anything) in doing some research and not comin in here with some crazy ass ideas like 10 18's or whatnot. Seen that happen.

Sheena = pedobear

I would recommend an entry level pair of 18,s on 1000-1200 watts. DD 500 series, aq hds series, dc, sundown etc. Subs and amp should cone out to around $500 if bought used, leaves u 500 for wires, box, and upgraded battery. Tthen u can always upgrade power/subs, electrical, etc. Just buy 1/0 from the beginning. Pain in the ass if u don't.

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

If that's the case

Why not buy 1 sub and amp build a box for sub and until you get more funds then but another and another amp

Or build a box with seperate chambers

And only buy 1 sub

Then you can get some real quality gear

Or maybe drop down to 2x 15"

http://www.soundqubed.com/HDC418-D1-A-_p_137.html

http://www.soundqubed.com/Q1-2200D_p_31.html

Is $830

And in most cases will cream 2 entry level 18

Then when you get another 830 buy the same sub and amp

And run them strapped at 2ohm and enjoy

First off, that bronco is gonna need some electrical upgrades. The weak little 2g alt in it isn't going to cut it. Retrofitting a 130a 3g Ford alt, out of a mustang or something. Here's probably the best 3g alt guide out there.... http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55169

You can sink an easy 200 in a new alt, retrofitting it, and running new 1/0 OFC wire to the rear. Don't think you'll fit a pair of 18's behind the back seat of a bronco...1 18, pretty easy. For the lower power 18's, you're gonna want 6 cubes a piece or so, so 12 cubes for the subs before displacements and whatnot. Somehwere around 18 cubes gross...

A single Fi SSD 18 or Q 18 off a new Crescendo 1500 is a good pair. A new primary battery(agm, like an XS3400) and an auxillary battery in the rear such as an XS D925, should be able to support around 2k with a 130a 3g alt. Also, iirc Ford offered 160a or 180a 3g alternators in certain vehicles...Fullsizebronco is a great website to browse around for that though. I know that Ryan from fordfuelinjection.com used to sell a 160a 3g swap kit for Bronco's, F-series pickups, mustangs, the what not with Ford V8's for a reasonable sum, cheaper than a new 130a 3g from Autozone.

Post pics of the truck too!

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Edit: Posted Twice xP

Welcome to my sig :D

My build on my 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4:

2 Sundown SA 12's

Sundown SAZ 1500d v3

Alpine CDE-HD148BT

Hertz 165 Speakers

Atrend Carbon Enclosure

Stinger SPP925 Battery

Sky High 2/0 & 1/0 Power Wire & Big 3

:domodance::domodance: Legal 145.2 dB. :morepower1: Team Sundown. :domodance::domodance:

cd64929e-8a60-41ea-b784-c5c6096f49b8_zps

Archived