Sonic Electronix

What is different between decaf and audacity or just using bass boost on your amp

It has nothing to do with being a paid supporting vendor at all.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much is the USB?

Shhh. Not to be talked about here ... I am shocked this thread has gotten this far. .. probably because "he" poked his nose in for a moment is why.

Just follow your nose & what is available to you on the World-Wide Web, ... I think you can figure things out ... Most others did ... I did, & most think I am a dumb jerk off.

The thread was innocent until people got thirsty. All I wanted to know what the difference of bass boost on an amp and songs that are boosted .

Keep this conversation between the analytics of balanced bass music vs bass boost amplification on amps...

To divulge a bit, I spend the majority of my time cleaning up songs, not boosting, not slowing... simply balancing levels so our gains can be set with knowledge and data instead of guessing. Personally, I see very little purpose playing rap music with a gain lap larger than -5dB, there are simply too many songs near 0dB or repeated peaks near 0dB to be using a tone that is quieter than the music you will play most of the time.

You do not need Bass Boost at all with bass heavy music, I cannot understand why manufacturers keep including it aside from using proven cards/designs and increasing sales from blown amps.

Something people graze over is the fact that when you use Bass Boost, you are separating the strengths of the original signal and not evenly amplifying them all afterwards, so you are literally changing the way the song was suppose to sound, ideally all notes in "equivalent" loudness. Using more gain and less Bass Boost means all notes are being amplified evenly... this is synonymous with any kind of boost on a headunit including an EQ. You should always LOWER what is already too loud rather than raise what isn't loud enough. Yes it will get louder, but you are forgetting there is a finite limit to the amount of boost each individual song can take, so the more you boost, the more you run the chance of pushing into clipping.

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Archived