Knu 1/0 370a alternator ok with one run?

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a mechman 370A elite and was told by mechman that you should only have one run from the alternator as multiple connections can cause resistance and overheating of the alternator.

My question is, would a 16 inch run of Knu 1.0 be sufficent on the 370a to the front battery? just curious before I change anything.

I know the wire is rated for 300a.

whaaa? more wire and more copper terminals = more resistance???? that's a new one.

You DO NOT want to stack terminals on the alternator. Stacking ring terminals on the alternator WILL cause the regulator to overheat..

I was just told over the phone, to use two on Power and two on ground for a 270a ? Im confussed now...

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

You DO NOT want to stack terminals on the alternator. Stacking ring terminals on the alternator WILL cause the regulator to overheat..

Could you explain why for us? Not busting your chops or anything, I was actually thinking about it for this summer when I upgrade my wires and I'm curious now.

Could you explain why for us? Not busting your chops or anything, I was actually thinking about it for this summer when I upgrade my wires and I'm curious now.

The regulator will overheat and possibly burn up the regulator. If you need multiple runs run them from the battery.. NOT OFF OF THE ALTERNATOR

The regulator will overheat and possibly burn up the regulator. If you need multiple runs run them from the battery.. NOT OFF OF THE ALTERNATOR

But why does it heat up? Not trying to be an asshole just genuinely curious.

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

I have 2 on my post.. No issues yet. I'd like to hear an explanation because I don't see how that is a bad thing if connections are tight

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

The regulator will overheat and cause the alternator to be less efficient

But why does it overheat?

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

Archived